Taskbar toolbars missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaizan91

Hi, recently after a hangup on my computer, the toolbars in the taskbar (right clicking the taskbar then toolbars) that were normally there aren't there anymore. There use to be a windows media player option which enabled mini player mode there, as well as msn search.

Windows Xp Sp2

run antivirus, spyware, ccleaner. If your not infected then you should try a manual repair with chkdsk /r as your syntax

yep, and i m sure that its not a trojan virus or sumin like dat as it seems to wrk on other accounts, the only problem is that my account is the main one with associated software which can be wrkd only by my account on it, otherwise i would have just deleted and amde a new one

have you installed something or remember what you were doing before it crashed?

Try a system restore..

nah nothing new installed, i do rmmba dat my msn was wrkin real slow so i quit it and then computer was being real slow so i ended explorer.exe and restarted that process which restarts all da appearance and explorer tasks usualy makes it faster. it was after that!! i hve done that b4 never had any problems b4

try the system restore as i've mentioned above, [start>all programs>accessories>System tools>System Restore] and use a date before this problem has occurred

other than that, you can try typing sfc /scannow into a command window to check your system files are ok (you will need your windows xp cd for this)

it may be beneficial for you to find out whats causing the lag.. some of these could be caused by:
-norton/sysmantec programs
-rouge apps
-too many apps in the background or opened
-extremely fragmented disks etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back