Taskbar Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leram Cain

I give up, really I do. My taskbar decided one day to hide the application toolbar. Since then I have been using Task manager to close and change to other open Programs. What is it? A missing dll? It can't be Spyware nor a virus, I check for those DAILY.

Just because you check for malware daily, doesn`t necessarily mean your system isn`t infected.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

The good news is your HJT log is clean.

When you say the application toolbar, do you mean the quick launch toolbar?

Right click your task bar and select toolbars, make sure the quick launch toolbar is ticked.

I wish

No, when you minimize a window, it's supposed to appear on (in?) the Taskbar. Somehow mine decided it didn't want to do that anymore.

P.S. My Laptop's a virgin, ergo, clean

ETAOIN SHRDLU

Taken from HERE.

Kelly Theriot, a Microsoft MVP, has a set of tweaks available at Kelly's Korner. They're fairly light on documentation, and perhaps even a bit techie if you want to understand them. On the tweaks page scroll down to item #240, and click on "Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar". That will run, or download, a "vbs" (VBScript) program which will, after confirming, reset the Taskbar's properties. Note that several other aspects of the Taskbar will also be reset to their default states, but you should get your "running programs" area back.

See if that helps.

Click start/run and type sfc /scannow into the run box and press the enter key. Windows will scan for any missing or damaged OS files and replace them as necessary. You will need to have your Windows cd handy.

See if that helps.

Edit: I`ve just come across this TOOL HERE. maybe it`ll help.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

YES YES YES
FINALLY, I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW!!!!!!!

That edit site is the key, thank you ever so much, Howard

eadzeek Allah alf Khair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back