Taskmgr doesnt work and I can't get rid of b.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any help with this would be much appreciated as I have not been able to defeat this issue for quite some time.

Below is my hijack this log: and thank you in advance

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If, after reading the above thread, you decide to clean your system, do the following:
Read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware, and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of BogKahuna only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Thank you for the welcome... I had copied and pasted my hijack this log and I guess that was wrong and I should have attached I apolagize.
I can't now for the life of me figure out how to attach the file :)

Regards

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this thread HERE. It explains how to attach your HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of BogKahuna only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Click the Post Reply button, then somewhere on the page there should be a manage attachments thing. Upload the file from C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\hijackthis.log.

omg ok I see it :) I promise I,m really not that stupid :)
Any help would be greatly appreciated guys and gals...

Have a great weekend!

You did not follow the instructions for renaming Hijackthis.exe.

You need to rename the file HijackThis.exe to hijackthis1991.exe. this is because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe.

Have HJT fix these entries, by placing a tick in the little box before the entry:
O16 - DPF: {03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E} - [https:]components.viewpoint.com/MTSInstallers/MetaStream3.cab?url=[http:]www.viewpoint.com/cgi-bin/beta/vet_install_popup.pl?2&4&04.00.03.15&[http:]shopping.franklincovey.com/shopping/images/zm/bally/bally.html
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - [http:]download.games.yahoo.com/games/popcap/zuma/popcaploader_v5.cab
O23 - Service: Alfa File Monitor Service (AFMService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\MultiAppNT.exe

Go into the Task Manager, click on the processes tab, and end process for (if there):
MultiAppNT.exe

Now go into C:\Windows\System32 and delete MultiAppNT.exe.

Please post a fresh HJT log, along with the ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs that you didn't post before.

This thread is for the use of BogKahuna only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

kitty500cat gave you some instructions to follow, which included posting HJT, combofix and AVG Antispyware logs.

You really need to follow those instructions exactly, that`s because your system is infected with some real nasties. Once you`ve done that, kitty500cat will be able to help you.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of BogKahuna only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Edit: Sorry kitty500cat, we both posted at the same time. You take it from here.

I wanted to thank you again for your help..
I think I have provided everything you have asked for this time.
I could not complete the delete of C:\Windows\System32 and delete MultiAppNT.exe because it was not there.
Attached are what I believe you are looking for in my log files :)

My hijack this log renamed and my AVG results after a through cleaning...

Regards,
Dave

You still haven`t attached Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs, even though they have been requested several times. Unless you do this, we can`t help you.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back