tcpsvcs.exe hangs at bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a winXP computer tcpsvcs.exe hangs at bootup using all processing power.

tcpsvcs.exe is a part of Microsoft Windows networking components. This essential system process is initiated when the computer uses special TCP/IP networking services such as DHCP, Simple TCP and print services. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

can anyone tell me more about this service?

sys restore was not enabled on this box
i tried checking volume for errors

OS boots

the machine boots fine except tcpsvcs.exe gets caught in a loop. i can terminate the process and all is well. all networking services appear to be functional once i terminate the service. i was wondering if anyone new more about the service. for instance will uninstalling the network devices and reinstalling them reinstall this particular service. i figured i would ask before having to reconfigure all the settings for nothing.

best to remove the nic drivers
also before you do that look under add remove programs go to the windows link and try remove of anything network related you may have installed a service that needs another service that is not there
if you no where the services link is under computer management try finding dependencies
remove nic from system hardware menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back