teaminternetchinchic

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, howard, here's the hjt log.

sorry it took so long to get it to you! unfortunately, it's gonna take even longer for the next reply unless you respond, like....now!!! i won't be around til tuesday morning.

You haven`t renamed HijackThis.exe as per these instructions.

Please do so and post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bstoddart only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

oops sorry! this time i renamed it, even if the name of the log file doesn't reflect that! i'm outta here til late monday night or tuesday morning....thanks for your help!

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

This thread is for the use of bstoddart only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hey howard!
ran into a few glitches which lengthened my trip...thought i'd let you know i'm back. i'll do the hjt thing tomorrow! thanks for your patience!

errrrrrrrr...by the way, i still don't have a clue what teaminternetchinchic is!! and i surely would like to!

I have no idea what teaminternetchinchic is. Google and Yahoo searches don`t help at all.

Where did you come across the teaminternetchinchic name?

it is in my docs and settings/all users/application data folder. this is the second time i have had it. the first was many months ago. back then it had a file in it...unfortunately, i can't remember what it was, but i couldn't find it anywhere either. this time, it is empty.

Well, I`ve definitely never heard of it before, so I can`t say whether it`s good or bad. Like I said, Google and Yahoo don`t show any useful results.

See how your system runs.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

that's what worries me. no one has heard of it before! so what is it and why do i have it are twp big questions in my mind. macroshaft has no clue either. at least not the techs i was speaking with! when i look at startup in msconfig, there are also two puzzling items there that appear to coincide with the existence of teaminternetchinchic. they are named with chinese charcters, so i have no idea what they are! there is also one entry that has no name at all, nor a startup command! interested?

Mmm, in msconfig, disable those entries and see what happens.

I also suggest you go and follow the instructions in this thread HERE, just in case you have some kind of rootkit infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back