Tech Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba Satellite 110CS Laptop that the screen will not light up. Anyone have experience with this machine or have had this problem? I can turn it on and it appears to boot, the hard drive light flashes and you can hear it run, but there are no audibles and the screen will not light up. Thanks

Tony

Has the machine got a vga connector on the back, if so try to link it up using external monitor to see what if any messages are coming up.

The most likely problem is that the connector from the LCD has become loose. You'll will have to take apart the computer to check this out.

Do you have the ability to keystroke different displays? I know IBM and a couple others use the FN/F7 keys, I believe (could be a couple function keys off). Check into that one.

Your LCD inverter could be bad. Try pressing the FN + some other function key (check your manual) to toggle between CRT & VGA outputs.

FN + F4 and FN+5 are pretty common VGA toggles.

Actually I do believe if he just hooks an external monitor up to it before he boots, when he boots it will automatically boot to the external VGA first. Try the others comments, and if they dont work, try mine.

Originally posted by vassil3427
Actually I do believe if he just hooks an external monitor up to it before he boots, when he boots it will automatically boot to the external VGA first. Try the others comments, and if they dont work, try mine.

Oh certainly, that's true. But you can also turn the video completely off or on using those keys on most laptops. So pressing those a couple of times may bring the screen back to life.

I've seen this happen to a few laptops before. Not sure why though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back