Tech Workers Face Tough Job Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
IT workers looking for jobs in the United States have nothing to cheer about in the latest workforce survey released by the Information Technology Association of America. Hiring projections for IT workers during the next year are the lowest since 2000, and more than a tenth of IT companies are looking at moving IT jobs to countries with cheaper labor.

The only sliver of good news in the study, released Monday, is that the total number of IT jobs in the United States seems to have leveled off, with the number of IT layoffs no longer outpacing the new IT hires projected in the survey. The ITAA study, based on a survey of 400 U.S. hiring managers at both IT and non-IT companies, predicts that U.S. companies will fill 493,431 IT jobs in the next 12 months, compared to projections of 1.1 million jobs in last year's survey and 1.6 million in 2000.

Read more: PC World.

I understand this to the fullest. I am grauating in May and have gotten no luck in finding a job just yet. I have talked to over 25 companies, all of which are laying off and of course not hiring. So the job market is very tough right now, but hopefully something will turn up shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back