Technical Issues with my PC Help please someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, :wave:

Recently I decided to change my original 256MB RAM to a 512MB RAM, unfortunatly this ending not very successful, so I changed back downto 256MB RAM, unfortunatly after putting back in the original 256MB RAM I got a series of beeps coming from my PC meaning there was an obvious problem with the Memory. Completly forgetting I had handled the RAM incorrectly and resulting in damaging the memory.
After discussing this with a friend of mine he recommended I brought new RAM which I did. I got the correct memory for my PC etc... Arriving today I installed the new 512MB RAM on my PC at home, sadly enough this didnt solve the problem. I am keeping the new memory but it can either be the Graphics Card or the Motherboard, is this true or just a rumour? If anybody could assist me with this problem I would really apriciate it as my patients is growing thin.

Any response would be much apriciated or E-Mail never4get01@hotmail.com

Regards and Best wishes.

Dave Wheeler.

That sounds like you are not seating the DIMMs properly. They will make a snap noise when they are seated in correctly (as worrying as that might be!).

Either that , or your mobo is damaged. I have seen that before, but generally because the mobo got cracked when the memory was forced in too hard. It does not sound like that in this case. I think you are not seating properly.

from a duplicate thread:

swker98 said:
fisrt off the beeps mean somethnig, and please post how many beeps and if there long or short. (ex. 1 ling 2 short or 2 lang 3 short, or 3 long 1 short) and what kind of BIOS do you have. U can probibly find it in ur Motherboard manual, i assume u didnt bulid it right. so its in the manual what type of bios it it. just get back to me and i will tries to help

ALSO make shore all cards are in place, and try all ram slots, it could be a bad slot.

swker98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back