TechSpot Battlefield 1942 Get Together

Would you be interested in a TS Battlefield 1942 MatchUp?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

acidosmosis

Would you be interested in a Battlefield 1942 get together? I know of a few of us that play. I would definately be into organizing a get together for a TS member BF1942 game.

I think if we can do something like this that it would be best if one of us host the game (CO-OP mode) and lock it with a password so that anyone outside of TS from the Internet can't get in and wreak havoc. This way the bots could fill up the game, instead, depending on how many players we specify for the game and we won't have to worry about someone coming in and TK'ing or causing other problems.

As far as MOD's I would say let's go with regular BF1942, but obviously thats up to a vote on what the majority wants to do.

Also, I would like to get together a little list of BF1942 players so I can play with some of you guys. If you play, please send me a message and give me your AIM screen-name if you have one or some other way that I can contact you to get together and host at least a little 1vs1 (with bots to fill the game).

So, are you up to it?

Battlefield 1942 is one of my favorite multiplayer games so far.

Wait, scratch that, it is my favorite mp game ever! :D

Yes I will play with you. I dunno if it'll run too well on this P3 667.

I'll play you right now if you'd like.

i'm

a1942er...........w/all the recent mods and updates.......but, watch out, i'm driftin'........castle wolfenstein demo (enemy territory).........a stand alone demo.........check it out:grinthumb

Vehementi, Papa, and I just played a little game of BF. Unfortunately Veh didn't realize he had to update to 1.4 so it was a bit before he got in hehe. Was fun though. Papa was sure keepin me on my toes with him and that sniper rifle.

Hmm.. what was the scores Papa? :D I remember one game it was like Papa 35/5 and Acid 38/5?

Man.. get close to Papa with a sniper rifle and get ready to run.

I don't play BF 1942 unfortunately but seems to be one of the most popular multiplayer games right now, I could give you a post in the news perhaps to gather a few more people... or you could organize for playing next weekend and promote the game throughout the week.

Julio, thanks for the offer. Let me talk to Veh and Papa and see if we can get a date to play a game together sometime soon. Unfortunately this weekend I am leaving for Tampa Bay Florida for a week and won't be back till the 13th. I'll see if we can make a date for sometime after the 13th and organize a game.

If anyone that isnt a TS member joins a game though they just have to remember that TK'ing, and unsportsmanlike conduct will not in any form be allowed. Especially if I am admin on the game :).

People love TK'ing you so they can take a plane away from you. :p

If TK'ing becomes a problem, I guess we could turn friendly fire down or off.

When we used to play 1942 on the LAN at high school (my entire 2nd period was devoted to this, our final was a 3 v 3 bracket tournament) our solution to team killers was unplugging their monitor :grinthumb:

You know, I've never heard of a patch that actually added new weapons...hehe.

I'm actually leaving here around the 13th, and won't be able to play again until the next time I come here, which will probably be a while :(

But if you guys catch me in the IRC room chances are I'll be able to play BF.

Sounds like a lot of fun, why not. I am in. Acid, if you like, I could join in with you, papa and veh in a little BF game; first I'd better update to 1.4 though ;) .

300+ meg

mod, called desert combat..........but, i'm tellin' ya.............enemy territory.......is da bomb:grinthumb ...... who needs to worry about team killing........there will already be enough techspot guys to kill on the "other" team......unless i'm on the same team as alex ........hehe......he's toast:dead: .......the reason i say wolfenstein is that it is a free stand alone demo that WE could ALL play......but, no skin off, i'll just pick papa off before he see's me:grinthumb

I'm still in the stone ages and haven't played that one yet. Been too preoccupied playing America's Army....

I'm downloading Desert Combat as we speak. It looks excellent. We should play it, definitely.

You should definitely check out BF, aoj. It's such a good game.

Veh: Sure I am up for some Desert Combat, but I dont think Papa likes it so he might not play with us if we play DC.

JSR: I dont like Enemy Territory. I have RTCW also and I only like the single player game. To me the multiplayer aspect of the game just isn't up to par. The player movement is weird, you can't see anyone well enough, and I dont like the way the game is setup for CTF, etc.

Timmmore: Awesome man, I'll be in the IRC room tonight around 8:30pm Eastern time (not sure what time that is for you) so if your around then we can setup a game :D.

Oh and as far as TK'ing, yea we can turn off TK, but sadly you can still TK people if you know how. I've gotten revenge plenty of times on servers where TK was off just buy grenading someone that TK'd me or shooting a plane that he was going for or standing nearby. You can also ram someone with your plane if your good enough to fly that low without crashing (but crashing into them would kill them too lol).

I'll be in the room tonight so if anyone is up for a game
meet me in #3dspotlight on IRC.STARCHAT.NET

I love Desert Combat! It's the greatest mod of all time for any game ... ever! I will definitely play if you guys play DC. I have a couple buddies that would be game as well.

LNCPapa

Ah you play DC Papa? For some reason I was thinking that you said you didn't.. hmm, oh well I was wrong hehe. Dunno why I was thinking that.

If you have some friends that would be up for a game too that would be awesome. Do any of them have a faster connection than DSL with 256up/1.5down?

As I said earlier in chat, next time I host a server I'm going to let my other PC host a dedicate server to hopefully help speed things up. We didnt have any lag problems last night but surely it wouldn't hurt. If anything it wont hurt to try and see what kind of difference it makes. Also it would probably be a lot less work for my computer -- even though I haven't had any lag as of yet since we've only had 13 bots plus Papa, Veh, and I.

I can host on a T3 for a special even like this if we need - dunno how good that would be for our overseas buddies though :(

LNCPapa

Papa: Awesome, sounds good.

And you missed a great game tonight. We had fun. I could kick myself in the bum for not having a video capture program ready when I flew that plane upside down at 10 feet then inverted upwards and dived back down and landed on the top of the plane, then left the plane without a scratch on me. That was the most awesome thing I've ever seen in BF1942, if not any game.

I have a screen cap of me and my little brother playing a LAN game with him laying on the wing and hitching a ride on the plane I was flying. I thought THAT was cool, but after landing that plane like I did tonight that is nothing hehe.

Yea I know I'm over-reacting but man was that hilarious! hehehe

Papa, I'd be interested to try it, though I'll have to wait until I get my router problem fixed, or I get inet access in my apartment...
(Or I could just disconnect the router, but I guess my father would throw a fit...)

Oh, and the server would have to be... *fixed*.... :eek:

I will look into setting up that server in the next couple of days - and I wanna test some things with it as far as load goes. I actually want to put it on a pretty weak machine and see if it can handle it - if so I'll leave it up and running.

LNCPapa

I'll play, but it might take a little more than you think to get mine working. First I have to get away from the wife and on the computer, then I have to find my CD-key again, as I have lost it :(

You may can contact EA for a new CD key. I know from personal experience that you can send them your copy of the game along with a small letter explaining your problem, and a cashiers check for $7.50 and they will send you a brand new unopened box.

Other than that I own two CD keys since I own two copys of the game so I could possibly let you borrow mine while your playing, though I use both so you would just have to make sure you didnt play online with it cuz if the two CD keys collided my key would possibly get banned.

I can't wait till I get back from Florida because I am going to buy the Secret Weapons mod (created by EA).

i know a belgium clan alpha squad 9000 and here in belgium downstream is 3.3mbps or 3 mbps i could ask them for a match i'm buying it shortly i've been playing it in lan and it great :D

Back