TechSpot

TechSpot in ".net" mag

By MrGaribaldi
Oct 23, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. Hello :)

In the November 2004 copy of .net (the mag) there's a plug for TechSpot on page 64.
    It's in the "helpdesk" part of the mag under the "resources" tab.

It has an image on the frontpage with the following caption:
    Congrats to Julio, the staff and everyone else who are contributing to make this site what it is!

2. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Wow, I don't believe it! Mr Garibaldi reading a '.NET' magazine. :evil:

Whatever next...

3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 2,512

LoL!

Well, I was tempted to buy a mag about .NET (The M$ thingy) to see what it was all about, but it's not that I was talking about... Nodsu hit the nail right on the head.

So don't worry Nic, we can still have our long disputes about MS and their programs :D

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

Very nice :). Thanks for the note MrG.

TechSpot has been plugged a few times before in print magazines, I've seen it myself once or twice only, the rest I've been told. Perhaps I should have kept better track of it. Unfortunately there's only a couple of PC magazines circulating in Ecuador, none of which I buy, so...

But it's true, TS has grown larger than ever in the past two years, and it's never too late to get started, I was hoping you could get a scan MrG?

If anyone else happens to have a print magazine plug for TS, I will really appreciate if you can either scan it and post it here or let me know and I will manage to get the issue eventually.

I remember back when TS was part of the MaxPC Network we were plugged there, there was also PC Magazine, Computer Gaming World... don't ask me about dates though ;).

6. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 2,512

Sure, I'll try to get one next week (only have a scanner at the office).

It was a nice suprise to see when I was sitting on the plane back from London :)

7. MYOB

MYOB TS Rookie Posts: 492

Ages ago you were plugged in PCW, the UK's oldest PC magazine. About diabling Windows services, linked to Thomas editorial on it.

8. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

My favourite mag, PCAnswers, had a plug about TechSpot in its last 2 issues.
    Will scan them in and post them here as soon as I have my scanner back up again.

9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645