TechSpot Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
TechSpot's poll is back!
I just installed a new script to handle the polling system in our frontpage, apparently it's working ok with the exception of the poll archive which I know it's broken and will fix eventually (no need for one yet), take a look at it at the right side of your screen.

And so, this first poll is about processors: "Which do you think will become CPU of the year?" You know things will most likely get hotter towards the end of the year as Prescott achieves faster speeds & both Intel and AMD get optimized code for SSE3 and more 64-bit native applications, respectively.

Will anyone clarify what the difference is between Athlon64 and Athlon64 FX? I think AMD have come a long way and they will keep on going, and going, and going [just like that bunny].

I think prescott will set new standards as far as clock speeds go, but I think AMD has the potential.

I'll say Athlon64 [since I havnt seen the FX name tag around much.]

FX is Opteron/Server high-end workstation model

Athlon 64 is mid/low end workstation

My vote is on no clue, I'll buy whatever has best Value for Money... (if I upgrade at all, my Barton 2500+ is chugging along very nicley)

I voted Athlon64, because Athlon64 FX is too expensive for mainstream, despite being the superior chip. We all want good performance at value for money prices, so this ones a no brainer for me.

Originally posted by Nic
I voted Athlon64, because Athlon64 FX is too expensive for mainstream, despite being the superior chip. We all want good performance at value for money prices, so this ones a no brainer for me.

...AND it's going to be in my next box.....hopefully within the next couple weeks. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back