TechSpot Store Giveaway: Win a PS4 and a MacBook Pro!

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

giveaway win ps4 techspot store

If you haven't had the chance of experiencing the Sony PlayStation 4 yet, here's your chance - we're giving one away to one lucky reader in celebration of the opening of the TechSpot Store

The best-selling PS4 has mind blowing next-gen graphics (for a console ;)), a growing library of award-winning games and online play, and DualShock 4 controllers to put you right in the action. However, gaming is just one aspect of the PS4's home entertainment options. You can also watch Blu-Ray, stream video from apps including Netflix and Hulu, and eventually use it with Sony's Project Morpheus VR headset.

For your chance to win, simply sign up at the TechSpot Store with a valid email address. After doing so, share the link with your friends. The more your friends and followers enter, the more chances you have to win. This promotion ends 3/4 at 11:59PM PST, so be sure to enter while you can!

Also in case you missed it last week, we are also giving away a brand new Apple MacBook Pro 13" laptop. That giveaway runs in parallel and ends March 18.

Permalink to story.

Cool and tempting, but ultimately I don't think I'd make good use of it. How about giving away a Wii U?

Free stuff and people whining about it.

For me, im kind of sad that techspot is just using stacksocial and pretending its their own thing :p especially with the giveaways, giving people the impression they are smaller than they are. thats what it seems like anyway. maybe I just am missing something big.

It would have to be a giveaway. I could not spend money on anything with an Apple logo on it and ever look at my face in the mirror again, and I game with a PC making the PS4's "mind blowing next-gen graphics" a joke so laughable I must stop typing to catch my breath and wipe the tears away. Im certain some rich slave-sheep Apple wanker can add it to their already huge pile of expensive Apple garbage, or some windowlicking console fanperson will be stoked to have that bland flavorless rehash Madden\COD straight pipe shoved up their 720p's. Ill stick to 4k+ and framerates in the hundreds on a machine that does what I tell it to do, instead of what the maker says you are allowed to do. Go go gadget Direct X 12. Congrats on the store though. If the giveaway was a 0.5"x0.5" techspot sticker or an email from techspot that simply states in text "You are a winner!" I would enter. I don't need rich Apple trash or degenerate console nonsense though. I love you just the way you are Techspot Store. No handouts required.

How about for regular TechSpot readers/forum posters ? :)
Everybody can sign up and enter the contest. Or am I missing something?

I'm kind of sad that TechSpot is just using stacksocial and pretending its their own thing
Honestly, we want to own it. We've been trying to come up with a commerce solution since last year and without StackCommerce's platform we wouldn't have been able to do it, not like this. We vetted their offerings and worked on making sure the discounts are real (they are), at the same time we realized this was the best course of action since they can leverage a horizontal platform for better discounts. The offers are relevant to our audience without entering to compete with juggernauts like Amazon. It also removed the conflict of interest which we liked.

As for the giveaways, we are trying to raise awareness among our readers. It's the first time we are doing anything close to this.

Instead of a MacBook Pro, next time we'll try to offer something more PC-centric, like the new XPS 13 which is gorgeous, though honestly before that the MacBook Pro was easily the best laptop you could buy, I'm typing this in one. With the PS4 we wanted to cater to users who are into gadgets and gaming, but again, next time perhaps a GTX 960?

Instead of a MacBook Pro, next time we'll try to offer something more PC-centric, like the new XPS 13 which is gorgeous, though honestly before that the MacBook Pro was easily the best laptop you could buy, I'm typing this in one. With the PS4 we wanted to cater to users who are into gadgets and gaming, but again, next time perhaps a GTX 960?

I am under the impression that the give away isnt just techspot exclusive though, and that the entire stacksocial site can use it too. am I Just wrong? it would be a fantastic thing if it were just techspot. I dont mean to complain about the store as its great but it just seems a little misleading.

I created an account on there, but with no option to share it through a direct link I dont know how you guys could possibly know who refers more people to the site. Or maybe I'm just too old to get this sharing bullshit.

You guy's must be talking about the Macbook Pro.

The MBP is easy. You do with it the only thing its good for - work.

The PS4 is a bit of a conundrum: How do you effectively utilize a gaming device that doubles as a media device without any games and with only limited media functionality?

You guy's must be talking about the Macbook Pro.

The MBP is easy. You do with it the only thing its good for - work.

The PS4 is a bit of a conundrum: How do you effectively utilize a gaming device that doubles as a media device without any games and with only limited media functionality?

They are both FREE. If you don't think you want one/either of them, then don't sign up. People are complaining about inferior graphics and the companies behind the products, but we go back to the main point of it all. They are both FREE. If they won't benefit you, then let someone else win it who will be overjoyed to receive the prizes.

They are both FREE. If you don't think you want one/either of them, then don't sign up. People are complaining about inferior graphics and the companies behind the products, but we go back to the main point of it all. They are both FREE. If they won't benefit you, then let someone else win it who will be overjoyed to receive the prizes.

You do understand that all three posts were tongue-in-cheek, right?

For example: BMfan is clearly a BMW fan. It goes without saying that he probably has a greater appreciation for dipsticks than the rest of us.

That was my assumption, too. But I see what you mean. I'm as disappointed as you are and I'm taking care of this.
I dont mean to sound as if im complaining or anything, as I mean its free stuff and its all brilliant. I was just pointing it out based on the content of the article.

First of all, thank you everybody for the positive (and not so positive comments).

@ikesmasher and for everybody else discussing the giveaway. There was a misunderstanding between Stack and us, and I was lead to believe we were going go run some giveaways for the TechSpot Store launch exclusively, hence some of the wording in the posts which I'm personally overseeing. After discussing this, I'm now in complete understanding of what's going on and I think there are more good news than bad.

1) To drive awareness and get our readers signed up to the TechSpot Store newsletter, we'll be running giveaways on a regular basis. Not just at launch.

2) The contest is shared across the StackCommerce platform, so the pool of contestants is larger than just TS readers, however you are only subscribing to our newsletter.

3) Once you are signed up for TechSpot Store emails, entering new contests is a matter of a single click. The giveaways are just an incentive to let us keep you posted on what's new at the store.

4) We will promote some giveaways on TechSpot, like the MacBook Pro's and the PS4, but there are more giveaways taking place concurrently, and you can sign up for those as well:
https://store.techspot.com/giveaways

Right now you can also sign up for a 50" LG TV + Sound Bar giveaway and for a next-gen Android phone (S6, One M9 or LG Flex 2). I think that's pretty cool and there will be more coming.

5) Subscribing to the Store emails doesn't automatically enter you to all present and future giveaways, but for that you just need to hit the green button:

1b.png

6) @Trillionsin was asking this. Upon clicking and entering the drawing, you will be shown links to share in social networks. That's how we can track extra shares and more options to win.

2b.png

Nothing wrong with giving away stuff, but personally I like Techspot way more than I like Apple or Xbox One or PS4. I give Apple and their clan a hard time because in my opinion they deserve it, and I understand console gaming (although PS4's "mind blowing next-gen graphics" are a huge stretch for my imagination) but I think its important that I clarify that my main point was that if you are giving something away I would rather have something Techspot related than some other companies ish. Even something as simple as an email would be more awesome to me than a Macbook Pro. We can agree to disagree on calling a Macbok Pro a laptop Mr. Franco ;) I suppose you could completely wipe the thing and put some sort of useful OS in there to run all those overpriced parts so you could do things like game or have self respect, but I'm an opinionated yank on the internet so adjust the value of my words accordingly. Again, I love Techspot.

Thanks for the clarification, Julio. I ended up entering for everything except the PS4.

Everybody can sign up and enter the contest. Or am I missing something?
:) I assumed only legal u.s. residents are allowed to enter the contest. if I was wrong, then I'll probably join if I'm interested in something.

Back