TechSpot's Most Anticipated PC Games of 2016

Julio Franco

Staff member

It’s impossible to deny that 2015 was an amazing year for the PC. Not only did we get three of the best games in years – The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, and Fallout 4 – but the arrival of titles such as GTA V (finally), Rocket League, Pillars of Eternity, Undertale, and SOMA ushered in a new golden era of PC gaming.

2016 will have to produce some truly special games to match last year’s offerings, and so far, it’s not doing too badly. Even though we’re still in the first quarter, we’ve already had some memorable titles in The Witness, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen, Rise of the Tomb Raider and the brilliant XCOM 2. But there's still plenty more games to come, and here are our top 10 most anticipated titles.

Read the complete article.

I would like to see why there is this interest in No Man's Sky, the brief look I took at it on Steam, made me think it should be a MP game. Saying that many of these open world games are ruined by the factor that most humans these days are muppets who are intent on just destroying everything in their wake.

Whilst that may be part of the game, the idea that you leave your camp unattended as you sleep, to come back after school / work to find everything reset to the beginning surely is a bad idea. Maybe the last person logging out can lock up before they leave?

But as far as the other games on this list, Mirrors Edge I have have been waiting for a while. Doom not so much but the image above has me thinkin "Ooh maybe".

Would like to see if Overwatch is anything other than generic. Doubt it. FPS stands for Frankly PantS ...

Really don't see the next Mass Effect being good. They lost a good chunk of the original writers after 2 and even more after 3. There's pretty much no one from the original ME working on the new one. We should all thank god that Casey Hudson isn't with EA anymore. He personally screwed the series over. Microsoft was dumb enough to scoop him up. I've watched the behind the scenes for Bioware's newer titles like inquisition and it's obvious the culture has completely changes. Bioware is not mostly comprised of Dude bros who prefer to test the game with a controller.

Ho hum ..... one or two interesting, but nothing yet that is going to rock my world .....

Doom, about all that I want to play from that list right now. They took their time on it, it should be pretty amazing, and if it's not, well, the franchise has been dead anyways.

It’s impossible to deny that 2015 was an amazing year for the PC. Not only did we get three of the best games in years – The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, and Fallout 4 – but the arrival of titles such as GTA V (finally), Rocket League, Pillars of Eternity, Undertale, and SOMA ushered in a new golden era of PC gaming.

I didn't like any of those games, so I guess it's not impossible to deny.

Doom, about all that I want to play from that list right now. They took their time on it, it should be pretty amazing, and if it's not, well, the franchise has been dead anyways.

Dude, I want full HD for Doom 3 and Quake 4 and that would be awesome, no need to kill a franchise when it has great games with a lot replayability :p

Yes I'm also waiting for it so so bad.

DS3, Mankind Divided and Dishonored 2 look great and look forward to playing them.

No Man's Sky I'm on the fence about. Game itself looks really cool but it seems a bit thin.

Who the hell knows what ME:A will bring. Overwatch was pretty "Meh" to me.

I'm kinda interested in No Man's Sky. I'll probably pick up DS3. Everything else meh, some might be good, some will probably suck. I'll just wait and see which are worth throwing money at.

The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine.

Given the gameplay time, 20-40 hours, it might as well be a full game :D

Holy crap, the trailer link to We Happy Few looks like a continuation to one of my fave game trilogies ever... Bioshock. Please Please Please play like the trailer.

Back