TechSpot

TechTV for sale

By Julio Franco
Aug 27, 2003
  1. Paul Allen, the entrepreneur and co-founder of software maker Microsoft Corp., is looking to sell his technology-related cable channel TechTV, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday, citing people familiar with the situation.

TechTV, owned by Allen's investment firm Vulcan Ventures Inc., is worth $250 million to $300 million, the paper said, citing sources. A TechTV representative was not immediately available to comment to Reuters.

Read more: CNN Money.

2. DLx/P

DLx/P TS Rookie Posts: 99

ahhh....my favorite station may be in jeopardy?!?!? :(

3. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Posts: 136

Jeez... its impossible to keep that channel running! First it was ZDTV... then it was sold and became TechTV... now its up for sale again? damn...

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

That's a good channel, I watch it every once in a while. That would suck if it went off the air :(

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 7,059   +646

I have never really watched TechTV given where I am based, however I have heard a lot of good things of it, not to mention, just the idea of having a TV channel specializing in PC Stuff sounds just great.

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

I just bought the thing as one of my optional channels - if it goes down the crapper I'm going to be pissed. Actually it oculd be a good thing - say the trash anime unleashed (/me hides from papa) and ad in another tv show that is geared for a bit more advanced computer users that would be awesome.

I have suggested they ad a more advanced show twice, I encourage others to do that. feedback@techtv.com I think.

7. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Posts: 136

Yo... TechTV is great. Everyone can learn from that channel no matter how smart you think you are. I really hope it stays on. Its worth paying extra for.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.