Tecra A2 loses date & time on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klytus

I have a Toshiba Tecra A2 that keeps giving me an error that I need to set the date and time on boot-up. Thing is, we just replaced the CMOS battery. The other odd thing - it only generates this error after logging in to Windows (XP SP2). In other words, if I am at the log-in screen of Windows and restart (or shut down and restatr) without going into Windows, the date and time will hold just fine. However, if I *do* go into Windows and then reboot, I need to reset the clock.

I somehow fixed this problem before - one of the drivers for the Toshiba is messed up - I just don't remember which one. I thought it was the modem driver, but uninstalling it seems to make little difference, or maybe I'm just not doing it right.

My Google searches have not tuned up any info on this problem - then again, I may not be using the right keywords.

Any help is appreciated.

All pc's including laptops have a bios battery that keeps bios data and the date and time when the machine is powered down, i suspect yours is getting flat and will soon need replacing!!!!

rik said:
All pc's including laptops have a bios battery that keeps bios data and the date and time when the machine is powered down, i suspect yours is getting flat and will soon need replacing!!!!

As I mentioned - the battery was recently replaced. Also, it only does this AFTER it has loaded Windows and been restarted - it doesn't do it all the time, like if we boot to a CD and then restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back