Telephone Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCase

Hi,

I record some talking of a local talk bassed radio station then when they take calls straight to air I like to play funny bits back to them, but I listen to it back and its all crispy, tin sounding, muffled, and quite hard to hear. I dont think I can get any better quality other than doing it over SKYPE. All I am doing is putting the phone next to the speaker.

Are there any other ways that I can get really good quality? Thanks

Hi TheCase and welcome to the TechSpot Forum :wave:

Their are products you can buy that plug into the phone socket such as this one, however if you want to use your computer to record them then there is also software based programs that require a modem in the computer see here, you must remember though that in certain states you have to let people know that they are being recorded or you are breaking the law.

As a newbie to the site would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

Thanks. I dont want to record I want to play down the phone. I have an inbuilt modem in my PC that might help, is there a software I can connect my modem to, then the modem to the phone line and when I play an audio file it can be heard down the phone.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back