Tell me what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnym

I am trying to copy some data so i can reformat my HDD but as you can see in another thread thats not working so i have a serial ata hd floating around and i am thinking about doin that

wht do i have to do to use that as a secondary hard drive? is it simply just plug in and play??

Last time i tried to do that it couldnt not fied that hard drive so will you give me a step by step of what to do please?

You should be able to just plug it in and boot the machine. Once you're in Windows you may have to initialize the drive and create a partition. You could also use an external enclosure with USB or Firewire connection.

right i have plugged it in and i cant find it in my add new hardware thing what exactly am i looking for?

right click My Computer icon>Manage
Go down to Disk Management
Find your new drive, right click it and initialize and if it hasn't been formated, do so.

If you don't see it in the list, then check
-is it getting power?
-data cable ok?
-drive spinning?

I can hear i and feel it spinning but i cant find it in the **** managment.

When i boot up it says sopmething about non RAID press tab but when i do it nothing happens

ok.. go into BIOS and see if you can check if the HDD is showing in there.

Sometimes there are some BIOS settings you have to change for the HDD to work with multiple drives of different types so look for your motherboard manual and check through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back