Tell me what you think of PC's, which brands r the best for you!!!! (discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefchu (PoLsKa

I'm looking for a new computer and i just wna to know what brand of PC's are the best. Like which ones have good support and specs. Tell me your opinions people.

Stay as far away as possible from eMachines! Don't even look at them or go near them, you may be hit by flying schrapnel!!! (LOL).

For pre-built name brand machines I like ABS, Acer, or HP. You do need to remember that with a pre-built machines there may be limits on what can be upgraded due to proprietary parts. Thats why I prefer to build my own.

Yeah right

Sorry man, but i'm like 13 years old, dont you think it's a little complex to build my own PC if i hadn't had any experience in it yet?

Not necassarily. There are actually quite a few guides floating around that give details on how to put a system together. Computers, in general, are fairly simple to assemble if you get the right components. It can take a few hours to assemble, but you can put together your own system for a lower cost and better quality than assembly line computers.

nickslick74 said:
Not necassarily. There are actually quite a few guides floating around that give details on how to put a system together. Computers, in general, are fairly simple to assemble if you get the right components. It can take a few hours to assemble, but you can put together your own system for a lower cost and better quality than assembly line computers.
I don't think you can assemble a system at lower cost if you include the OS and software costs. Huge manufacturers get much better prices than geeks, straight across the board. Of couse, much of the software included on pre-builts isn't anything very exciting, but some of the stuff is quite useful. Multimedia type PCs in particular have good selections of software.

I won't argue about system quality -- I think you can build a much better system than you can buy. But not at lower cost.

kool

So what you guys are saying is that i can get all the parts to build a PC. assemble it in a few hours. and after i'm all done i can update anything on my PC like give it the latest graphics card, 1gb RAM and have all the best stuff necessary equipped to it, right???

Yeah of course you can. Just get a good processor and mother board right away and upgrade from there. But yeah if you decide to go with a pre-built stay away from emachines. Even though they have come a long way don't get one. Try hp or sony. Oh yeah a good graphics card to.

Stefchu (PoLsKa said:
I'm looking for a new computer and i just wna to know what brand of PC's are the best. Like which ones have good support and specs. Tell me your opinions people.

It depends on what you want it for, and how much you have to spend. Some more details wold be good. However, i would stay away from Packard Bell, their customer support is some of the WORST i have ever used.

I'ver heard from some friends that DELL has good customer support. But their computer freezez or breaks down often. If i want a cheap computer i would get a notebook like for my school, work and of course, games. But those types of Notebooks from ABS or Alienware are the most expensive computers I've ever seen. So I think that building my own PC would be cheaper than buying a $1,700 Alienware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back