Temp File Cannot Delete Sqlite_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrity

Still attempting to fix my computer. I have noticed I have several files that I am unable to delete in my Temp Folder.

Temp Folder is listed as:

Sqlite_bd3pMhlMvLW19S0

Has anyone experience this before? If so, how can I delete these items, I currently have 16 items which all begin with the prefix Sqlite_that I cannot removed. The error messages indicates it is in use by another person....I am not networked to any other computer/person. This is my home/personal computer.

Thanks,

If Safe Mode doesn’t work you might want to try these tools .

Thanks, is there one in particular, there were several downloads listed at the site you directed me too?

Can you give us the full filepaths to the files you want to delete?

I should then be able to help you delete them.

Regards Howard :)

Howard,

The file path is as follows, however I don't know if I am providing you with the correct path:

C:\WINDOWS\Temp

Your assistance is appreciated!

Thanks,
G

I have even gone to its website, to try and figure it out..... but no luck

http://www.sqlite.org/

You will need to check the filepath and make sure it`s absolutely correct, before I can show you how to delete the files.

Click start/search/All files and folders/More advanced options. Make sure search system folders, search hidden files and folders and search subfolders are all ticked. Type in the name of the file you wish to find and click the search button. You should be able to find the full filepath to the files you want to delete.

I have performed your suggested search, and it states the files are located in:

C:WINDOWNS/TEMP

file size indicates sizes ranging from 0 - 2 kb

Also these are the names of the files:

sqlite_1K9JiOTlRdnMQeY
sqlite_LPnZ6ffN5pyZFxX
sqlite_69J4h3C2qOCoz9r
sqlite_7h4zp349WFEw1l9
sqlite_9DhjgYOPDJv3JJ1
sqlite_EMVvW5Aq3BAXreD
sqlite_gf42A56ixqTvOWV

Do you think this was a virus?

Thanks Again.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

Attachments

• avengerscript.txt
    328 bytes · Views: 7
Could be a virus...be careful

Tmagic650 said:
It could very well be a virus infection... Try running CCleaner first

SQLite is a legitimate ACID database program. very small and powerful. But I have known it to be used as a database for collecting passwords/keystrokes/other information by computer hackers/criminals.

If you have not installed a program that uses SQLite, then you need to wonder why it is on your system.

The thing to look for is unusual activity on your computer like Internet Explorer suddenly going to pages you didn't ask for, especially pages offering free system scans or sites telling you you have a problem with your computer.

One of the most dangerous new trojans at the moment is VUNDO (or variants) that capture your usernames and passwords and places them in the DATABASE file using SQLite and sending them back to the hacker who can then access your bank details or any other sites you have had to use username and password including your own system.

If in doubt don't use your suspect computer for any sensitive use like internet banking until you resolve it.

ALWAYS have a legitimate up-to-date antivirus/spyware program such as VET or McAfee. Don't use cracked versions as I am very aware that some unscrupulous workers at anti-spyware companies are engineering legit programs with inbuild trojans to stuff up your computer BIGTIME and are uploading them to peer-to-peer sites such as torrent sites. If you get one from one of these sites you may very well get the nastiest shock and be worse off!

Do a search on VUNDO and download the VUNDOFIX.EXE at atribune.org and run it to see if you have the trojan on your computer.

Another trojan that uses SQLite is VIRTUMUNDO and another that is called SPYWARE-JUANSEARCH which is also a key logger trojan...VERY DANGEROUS!!! This one will produce a file called sekcoedq.dll in your system32 directory and will often attach itself to Windows Defender or another spyware detector...even FIXVUNDO as it tries to stop them from detecting and terminating it.

There are dozens of other files that are places all over your computer and both these trojans are particularly hard to remove!

If you have concerns then you need to do some research for yourself using Google.

ALL that said, don't just go deleting files willy nilly as you might have a legit program...so research first is important.

Don McNicol MCSE
Senior Systems Engineer
AusCorp Computer Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back