Tempertures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Boy 13

To be able to sense processor and other component's temperature does you motherboard have to have these temperature things? ANd how do i know if my mother board has them? By the way, i dont know what my motherboard is, it came from dell and havent figured it out, someone can give me a way to figure it out too please?

Another awesome program is Everest Home Edition. If you ever need to know ANYTHING about your computer it will tell you, and it's free. It will also tell you your temps.

bigp07 said:
Another awesome program is Everest Home Edition. If you ever need to know ANYTHING about your computer it will tell you, and it's free. It will also tell you your temps.

Just to let you know.

The Everest programme is no longer free. Unfortunate though that is. The free support was withdrawn on the 5/12/05

See HERE for further info.

Regards Howard :)

Of course there is always the SIW(system information for windows) programme.

Unfortunately, excellent though the programme is. It doesn`t give temperature information.

The SIW programme is written by Gabriel Topala. Who is a Techspot member, for those of you that didn`t know.

You can get the programme HERE

Another good programme for monitoring temperatures is Speedfan.

You can get it HERE

Regards Howard :)

To find out if your mobo has sensor just fire up one the applications that have already been mentioned, or try MotherboardMonitor.

The best way to figure out what kind of motherboard you have probably to open the case and look around on the board for some kind of model/revision number.
But it won't help you in any way as it probably disowned by it's manufacturer. (OEM)

i'm putiing my pc together everything is ok so far as far as connections. But one thing. My CPU temp is at 85 degree celcius!!!!!

i'v got a Pentium 4 630 3ghz processor 800mhz fsb and 2mb cache.

i want to know what my Vcore voltage and fsb termination voltage should be???

Shouldn't your motherboard automatically detect and set the correct vcore voltage for your CPU if it supports it?

I don't know much about temps on 6xx CPUs, but my 550 3.4 used to run @ 68°C with stock cooling.

I used to believe that the 6xx were be cooler than the 5xx but either I'm wrong, you don't have enough airflow in your case or you have applied too much thermal paste on the top of your CPU.

My favorite method (also recommended by Arctic Silver) is to use Goof Off (available at any Wal-Mart) to clean off the the compound and then use isopropyl alcohol to cleanse the Goof Off. Isopropyl alcohol IS rubbing alcohol, simple as that. The key is to use a high percentage rubbing alcohol. The highest I can find around here (also at Wal-Mart is 91%. It works great, just give it a few minutes to evorporate if you're unsure. I use q-tips and a lint free cloth with the aforementioned chemicals to do a perfect job. Also, a clean razor blade works well to spread a paper thin layer of Arctic (two C's) Silver on the die. I build a lot of systems and find Arctic Silver to be a great product for keeping a CPU cool. Hope this helps.

Regards

Awesome, so it IS still available. Nice vnf4, I just got my compter in November and I downloaded Everest Home a month ago before my motherboard, cpu and psu, and 6600GT fried up. :hotbounce , so it didn't make sense that it was removed in May 2005. Yeah that's right... all that burnt up. And it's been over a month and I'm just through with my last RMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back