temporary internet files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a good way to copy and sort out temporary internet files in win xp?

For example, if I have viewed many pages with the same name such as a cfm search results, they are all given an alias in

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

However the "real" files are in hidden subdirectories such as 1JV7TDSE, 3IW73X0X, etc. And the "real" names of the files are filename[1], filename[2], etc. This can be viewed with an FTP program, but not with windows explorer.

When I try to copy these files to another directory, they give an error message because many files have the same name. As long as they are in separate directories, they can be clicked or viewed. But they can't be copied in bulk.

I have tried various alternatives to windows explorer but no luck. The only workaround I have found is to ftp the files to another machine, then copy them out. But I have to ftp all the graphics etc. as well as the html files.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

i dont know if this applies to what you are looking for, but you can always just save the whole page....

Hello and Welcome to Techspot :knock:

Go into Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View and set it to show hidden files etc. and show all extensions.

Next go to IE, browse to the website and the page you want stuff from. Now empty the Temp. Internet Cache. Next, refresh that page you want stuff from.
With Windows Explorer you should be able to see everything. Set View to Details. Sort the files by Extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back