Temporary Loss of Video on LCD Monitor during initial boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,

I have the following problem. When I start the computer video on monitors flickers and then lost. After I turn on and off the monitor switch video becomes stabile and after that it works without problem.

I have a AGP FX5200 GeForce video card with s video tv out. I do not have any video problem on the tv out (clone). I tested with another video card (same FX5200) and another monitor vga cable. I have the same problem.

This only happens in the initial start up, I do not have any problems when restart or start the computer after a short off time 10-15 mins.

The only thing left is I can think of is monitor but I am not sure, so any help or share of ideas appreciated.

I have a DEll Dimension 4600 XP Home SP3 with 15 inch LCD Flat screen analog monitor.

Thanks in advance.

Your video graphics card may have decided it is time to quit... or you have a memory problem... or power supply issue. The power supply for the Dell 4600 is usually only 250 watts... so you might want to upgrade that one to 400 to 500 watts. Be careful about the size in length, width, and height... as well as the position of the power cord socket and the power switch which is difficult to match with many power supplies.

Your video graphics card may have decided it is time to quit... or you have a memory problem... or power supply issue. The power supply for the Dell 4600 is usually only 250 watts... so you might want to upgrade that one to 400 to 500 watts. Be careful about the size in length, width, and height... as well as the position of the power cord socket and the power switch which is difficult to match with many power supplies.

Thank you for your reply. My powersupply is 400W (i changed it ) , i tried with another video card same problem happens. If I have memory or some other problem shouldn't I have the same problem on the clone monitor (S-video tv out) which works fine?

Yes you should... what you report is not good news because it may take a long time to try every possibility in figgering out what is causing the issue... Sounds like a bad monitor to me... have yo tried the monitor on other computers for long periods of time?

Yes you should... what you report is not good news because it may take a long time to try every possibility in figgering out what is causing the issue... Sounds like a bad monitor to me... have yo tried the monitor on other computers for long periods of time?

My computer has been connected to both LCD monitor and TV (s video) for a long period of time. I am only experiencing the problem on the monitor (i t has been couple week now). No I did try another monitor yet, maybe that's the easiest thing. But monitor having this issue only in the start up and working fine long hours after puzzles me.

Anyway, I'll be glad to have another monitor if that fixes the issue.

Thanks again for your help.

It may not fix the issue, but these issues can be tricky, and every exploration that removes one possibility becomes helpful.
Please be sure to report back when you figger it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back