terratec ewx 24/96 freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this overpriced card for a couple years now and it's nothing but trouble. But I'd appreciate any tips if you are familiar with this problem. When I install the drivers, it freezes the computer, or freezes on startup if it does manage to install them. I tried downloading the latest drivers (for windows 2000), and I moved it to a different slot, moved it as far away from my ehternet card as possible, and no go. I've had it working for a long time, but this problem had cropped up before, and the solution has always been days of troubleshooting, and then some miracle happens and it works. Last time, I think it involved disabling the motherboard sound properly, but that is already done now, so I'm out of ideas.

My semi tech savvy friend advised me to buy a new sound card. If that's the consensus, by all means, let me know. Thanks.

i have an m-audio audiophile 24/96 and it is a fine card with more than enough power, but i am not familiar with the make you mentioned. from what you posted, getting a new sound card is your best option. i reccomend anything bearing the m-audio or creative labs brand name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back