Tether android to ipad via bluetooth

Tedster

I am trying to tether my old droid X to my ipad air via bluetooth. I have PDAnet+ on my phone. I can't use my hotspot feature (wifi) on the phone as verizon shuts it off after a few seconds. My phone is rooted and unlocked. I'd like to teather via bluetooth bue PDAnet doesn't make an ap for ipad. Any suggestions?

Since you're rooted, here's another option for wi-fi tether - Barnacle. Worked well for me when I had my old work laptop. Due to IT policy change, the new laptop can't connect to ad-hoc wi-fi connection. So I've switched to PDANet+ for it's wired tether feature.

Barnacle won't work - it's for wifi. I am trying to use bluetooth.

Just found out PDAnet plus will work via bluetooth but it is extremely slow. It may be the signal out where I am - as I am on mission in the Mojave desert. I can't use Wifi as Verizon blocks hotspot service as I don't pay for it. I am grandfathered in on my old phone for unlimited internet and I frequently travel to areas with limited service (middle of nowhere).

For now I can send emails, but surfing and checking the web is almost impossible.
At the moment I have an office computer that is hardwired, but when I am in the field I rely on my phone.

Good to hear you have some connectivity via bluetooth.

I don't have hotspot service either, hence barnacle for when I have to get online via phone during power outage. The last time I used it, my plan w/ VZW was unlimited data. I have tiered plan now, still no hotspot service, PDAnet+ v 4.16.3. No issue w/ hotspot cutting out after couple seconds.

Verizon has found a way to cut off wifi hotspot service for those that don't pay for it and try to bypass it. I can use bluetooth or direct cable with no issues.

Yup - I was able to use a wifi hotspot before with no issues then about a year ago when I tried to use PDAnet hotspot, it would only work for about 5 minutes. I noticed that no data was being sent in or out over wifi. bluetooth and usb connections would work. I then came across some news articles saying verizon was blocking 3rd party tether applications using wifi that didn't pay for wifi service.

I was a little peeved as I have unlimited internet service and I am grandfathered in. I don't want to upgrade my phone because I will lose my grandfather clause.

Back