Thanks Techspot and catchanthony

By apexlawn
Aug 19, 2008
  1. I had a problem with my computer, an obvious BUG and ccleaner / Ad-aware did not clean the Bug. So I googled what was popping up on my computer

Attention, admin! Some dangerous viruses detected in your system. Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium files corrupted. This may lead to the destruction of important files in C:\Windows. Download protection software now!

Techspot was one of the first listings. I read the forum page and kimsland had an answer to catchanthony's posting for this problem. After reading catchanthony's response about running norton and telling him that the registry had some file marked for deletion under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Brows er Helper Objects\{FBE58CC0-D14B-45FE-A717-57BB8247F652}
    I went to regedit looked for brows er helper objects and deleted the two entries under that directory. PROBLEM SOLVED.
    This is a great site with great people so I chose to reply by informing others of this and would like to encourage simple fixes for the problems we all deal with BUGS/MAILWARE/VIRUS/WORM/TROJAN/ETC whatever you want to call them.
    I prefer BUG. or VIRUS

2. apexlawn

apexlawn TS Rookie Topic Starter

Is there a reasone Ad-aware couldn't find this and ccleaner didn't catch it. What software should I use that will kill all virus and bugs or what. why would I pay for a software package that cant find all.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.