That annoying "The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,
I am running XP pro SP3 and all of a sudden, The PC started to reboot by itself. I am attaching the dmp file if anyone can help me find the culprit. I tried switching RAM and switching RAM slots. Even put in a new power supply. Alas...no relief. Problem seems to happen when I send something to be printed or open software that looks for printers when it starts up. I have also tried disabling LPT1...still not good.
I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
DR

It is helpful to stop the reboots so you can examine the resulting error messages.
Got to Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced ->Startup & Recovery->Settings and uncheck the "Automatic Restart" box.
This will help you access error messages that may tell you more about the cause.
Often times it is the printer or printer cable.
You might also want to try Chkdsk /r as follows:

Click Start, and then Run.
In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
Use one of the following procedures:

* To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, at the command prompt, type chkdsk, and then press ENTER.
* To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/f, and then press ENTER.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
Type Y, and then press ENTER to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.
* To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/r, and then press ENTER.

I got the same thing.... I think it's from the MS updates. And yes it restarts by itself. It wasn't doing this until I updated 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back