That time of the year (& HijackThis log)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyrmwraith

That time of the year where I spontaneously feel like formatting the system and starting anew. Practically however this really is not worth it at the moment, at least until I can back things up in confidence I simply can not be bothered restoring everything. So, I wonder. Can anything be gleamed from my logfile?

Mainly I just want to ensure system is running optimally and nothing has gotten past the defences.

Thanks in advance to those who take the time to look over things.

In reality, you should only run the HijackThis program when you think your browser has been hijacked. It's not a 'cleaner', start up faster program. It a program to find malware on a system. It's not going to tell you if the system is "running optimally". It cans show some entries that have " gotten past the defenses." Using it as a "screening tool" is a misuse of the program. It is best used along with other cleaning programs.

Please scan with Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware, then rescan with HijackThis and attach all three logs.
See Steps 4 and 5 here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post645589-1.html

Your Java is also out of date. Update from this site: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post645589-1.html

We will remove old entries after all logs are posted. I won't go through the current log- it's best to run the other programs first, THEN rescan with HijackThis.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. There was some small things going on I thought could be due to malware, I have avast running and my browsing habits are generally safe. As it turns out both Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware both detected infection.

SuperAntispyware once finished scanning was able to remove it's entries and I did not get a log file. Malwarebytes is still detecting something to the tune of 15 entries. I'll attach the logs for Hijack and Malwarebytes was unable to find it for SuperAntispyware. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Just wanted to note that in the future I won't make such presumptuous titles etc :)

Thanks.

No action taken.

Your Mbam log suggests that you didn't remove the threats that were found.

Run Malwarebytes again and remove all threats that are found. Post Malwarebytes and Superantispyware logs, also rescan with HJT and post new log.

The following files are in the current HijackThis and need to be removed::
Reopen HijackThis cna check the following:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2384EE1F-61B1-4053-9685-FCE55CC4C9FB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AF2C392C-AC67-43E3-9B71-FAAF85C36892} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: nnnkLFYS - nnnkLFYS.dll (file missing)

Close all programs and HijackThie. Click on Fix Cheched and Reboot
You would do best to first rerun Malwarebytes, paying attention so the directions saying :
!: Make sure all entries have a Checkmark at their far left, as shown in this image below. If you do not, the program will have done nothing:
Click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware.
I wasn't very successful in finding information on what select2perform actually does,. It is a part of PreVisor, the leading provider of on demand pre-employment assessment software and employee selection solutions, helps organizations by connecting hiring decisions with business results. Veryfy that you use this program. If you do not, remove these entries and uninstall the program:
O16 - DPF: {483EB14D-AF1C-4951-81B0-4E2B41829FF6} (QOLCheck Control) - https://www.select2perform.com.au/cabs/QOLCheck.ocx

Your Java is out of date. I out the old process in list to be removed. When finished with HijackThis, you should install the latest version v6u7 here:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6463-java-se.html

Rerun SuperAntispyware and check to fix what it finds:
your order to run should be Malwarebytes< SuperAntispyware, the HijackThis last

Abut the Subject: some of us look through the posts. Those with the most descriptive Subjects allow us to know whether the question is something we are knowledgeable in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back