The $1500 Apple Watch Hermes edition will finally be available to buy online this Friday

midian182

Staff member

Back in September last year, Apple announced a partnership with high-fashion design house Hermes to produce a new Smartwatch. The Apple Watch Hermes went on sale a month later, but it’s only available in a handful of Apple Stores, Hermes Boutiques, and high-end department stores. As of this Friday, however, anyone who wants to get their hands on the luxury timepiece can purchase one from Apple.com and Hermes' website, according to Fashionista.

“Mark your calendars for this Friday, Jan. 22.,” writes the fashion site. “Instead of having to visit a select boutique in a major city like New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Miami for an Apple Watch Hermès, you’ll be able to easily shop for one online at both Hermes.com and Apple.com.”

The device features a stainless steel Apple Watch, with Hermes providing straps that are made in its French tannery. The face itself uses Hermes typeface and will display the company’s logo.

There is a variety of Apple Watch Hermes models and designs available, all placed toward the luxury end of the smartwatch range - which means they aren’t cheap. Prices range from $1100 to $1500.

The cheapest device in the range, the Single Tour, is available for $1100 with either a 38mm or 42mm Apple Watch body. The traditional strap design comes in either fauve (brown) or noir (black) colors, with a Capucine (red) version available on the 38mm model.

Next is the $1250 Double Tour. This model features an extra long strap that can be wrapped around the wrist twice. It’s only available in a 38mm stainless steel case but comes with two extra colors: Etain (gray) and Bleu Jean (blue).

At the top of the range is the $1500 Cuff. As this model’s design is fairly large, it only comes with the 42mm case. The leather in the Cuff model has been adapted to allow the Apple Watch’s heart rate sensor to stay in contact with the wrist. This version is only available in fauve.

Anyone who would like to buy one of the Hermes bands without the Apple watch is out of luck – the bands and watch will only be sold as a complete set, at least for the foreseeable future.

Hermes is another in a line of companies known for their high-end, luxury products that have moved into the smartwatch space. Tag Heuer’s $1500 Android Wear device proved so popular that the firm had to ramp up production of the device, while Breitling released the $8900 Exospace B55, a smartwatch aimed firmly at those in the aviation industry.

Header image credit: TechCrunch

Permalink to story.

$500 for a tacky watch and $1000 for a tacky strap.
I expect rap-stars all over the world are ordering them along with a crate of crystal champagne and a new Hummer as we speak.
After-all, you can't put a price on being able to show everybody you have lots of money and no sense of taste or style.

I expect rap-stars all over the world are ordering them along with a crate of crystal champagne and a new Hummer as we speak.
After-all, you can't put a price on being able to show everybody you have lots of money and no sense of taste or style.
I don't care...really I don't but their is no doubt your comment, while true, stereotypes. Remember the days of watermelon and chicken...

I don't care...really I don't but their is no doubt your comment, while true, stereotypes. Remember the days of watermelon and chicken...
Well, you seem to be under the impression that truth isn't allowed. I think Hip-hip music is a stereotype consisting of crap which goes on the "hood", which nobody in their right mind should or need care about, performed by no talent bitter people. Does that mean I should snap my fingers, do a threatening dance, and mumble along?

(For "appearances sake", of course).

The who's who of black Hollywood is going to boycott the Oscars this year. It seems there still aren't enough black actors represented.

I'm going to boycott the Oscars again this year as well. It seems I can't abide phony speeches, or the pretense and self indulgence of the egomaniacs involved The Oscars are long, insufferably boring, and pointless, regardless of the race, creed, or national origin of the participants.

Last edited:

I wonder if it's possible for you to be *more* bitter?

I wonder if it's possible for you to be *more* bitter?

I think his comment was merited, given he was being browbeaten by the weakest of arguments, the "politically correct" point of view. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet and the same holds true for when arguing against those who seek to sift all possible offensive content from any form of media.

My comment certainly wasn't meant to be racist - if anybody thinks that then I apologise, I hate any form of racism.
You don't have to be a certain colour to be a rap star, but reading it back I can see why people might think that's what I meant, so sorry if you did! Replace rap-stars with reality-TV celebrities, that's what I meant by this!

Well, you seem to be under the impression that truth isn't allowed. I think Hip-hip music is a stereotype consisting of crap which goes on the "hood", which nobody in their right mind should or need care about, performed by no talent bitter people. Does that mean I should snap my fingers, do a threatening dance, and mumble along?

(For "appearances sake", of course).

The who's who of black Hollywood is going to boycott the Oscars this year. It seems there still aren't enough black actors represented.

I'm going to boycott the Oscars again this year as well. It seems I can't abide phony speeches, or the pretense and self indulgence of the egomaniacs involved The Oscars are long, insufferably boring, and pointless, regardless of the race, creed, or national origin of the participants.
Well the truth isn't allowed. I have proof. What makes someone Gay....It isn't cause they talk funny or like to decorate It is because they take a penis up their rectum or the other way around.

Well the truth isn't allowed. I have proof. What makes someone Gay....It isn't cause they talk funny or like to decorate It is because they take a penis up their rectum or the other way around.
Well, we sure have wandered rather far afield of the watch, a fair chunk of that being, "my bad" as the children say. I think it was a rapper who was notorious for saying something on the order of, "free speech is fine, but you really have to be careful where you exercise your right to it". (God knows, I am loathe to credit a hip hop artist for saying something useful).

Most of the people on this site have grown up under a different propaganda umbrella, than have I. So,being gay in 2016 has an entirely different connotation now, than when I was in my 20's. There was a lot of "free love" going on, but by in large, it was heterosexual.

Every time this discussion rears it's ugly head, (whether that head be circumcised or not), I usually take a "conserva-brel" stance which is; I think partners should be allowed to share, and retain each others social entitlements, regardless of their sexual preferences. But, I also believe that the title of "marriage" should be saved for the traditional male-female bond. So, gays should be able to enjoy the benefits of marriage, but simply need to find their own niche term to apply to the specific contract.

Beer swilling, low brow, football watching, now gone to seed former jocks, are every bit as much a stereotype, as any other group. We exist as an amalgam of stereotypes, not as the "individuals" we've deluded ourselves into believing ourselves to be.

Unfortunately, when a stereotype is misapplied, or used to punish an individual unfairly, or limit their freedom of movement or accomplishment, is the only time it's of any dire consequence.
OTOH, the average drag queen shouldn't want to have a beer in a rural gin mill, or should be prepared to face the consequences of trying to do so. So, an appropriate time and place for every behaviour need be selected, even in a "liberal atmosphere". Stereotypes are what bind us at the personal level, and hence can't be defined as derogatory in toto.

Being a straight person, and brought up in a sexually conservative time, (we were liable to get fined for patting a consort on the backside in public, and public displays of affection in general were frowned upon), I still can't get the hang of watching two men sucking face on the evening news. However, that does seem to be a contemporary signpost of a more tolerant attitude in general of alternative lifestyles.. It is also, a much more productive outlet, than using music as a call to to anarchy and rampant racism.

As to the topic of the Apple "Hermes" watch, it is entirely useless, and buying one has to make a statement of something other than wanting to know the time..

Last edited:
That wide-band model was a Very popular fashion statement from March to May of 1973. Of course, you could no longer buy them in June as all buyers had returned them due to their perspiration leaching the ink and Tattooing their wrists for a week or more.
I'm sure that the kilo-n-a-half bux BDSM version from Hermy won't do that, of course.

Back