The 5 highest rated games on Steam probably aren't what you expect

Portal 1 is a bit short, but portal 2 is tied for my favorite game of all time. the humor just clicks with me and some of the more cinematic moments are just brilliant. Ill never forget the parts where you put wheatley in charge of the facility, and the end of the final boss.

Never heard of any but portal. While I know of portal its not a game I own or ever will. Im more into CoD, BF1 or R6 games. I love Siege and may get back into BO 3 ( not for the crap mp) but for DLC 5 zombies, I love me some zombies lol.

What's really funny I think my kid has or knows those games. I think more kids play those games or their parents get them cause they are free. While the games may be good, most just have them cause they are free or cheap.

Factorio is simply put the best micro management game ever made. You can, of course, mod it to make it even more insane (Bob's mod + angels refining). Currently 100+ hours into a single game with a massive factory.

Both Portal games are just masterpieces that will be show to game developers in 100 years from now on how to make games.

This list is just plain silly and I personally have my doubts as to it's accuracy ......

Factorio is simply put the best micro management game ever made. You can, of course, mod it to make it even more insane (Bob's mod + angels refining). Currently 100+ hours into a single game with a massive factory.

Both Portal games are just masterpieces that will be show to game developers in 100 years from now on how to make games.

Guys if you haven't played Factorio, YOU HAVE TO, there is even a demo at the official page, I've owned it since pre alpha and it's well worth it https://www.factorio.com/download-demo.

You trust Steams data? Thanks for verifying the old adage "there's one born every minute"!
Your suggestion is that Steam is over-inflating the ratings of free and cheap games? Not sure how you think that is in the slightest way logical or good business. The article discusses the "highest rated games on Steam" and makes no claims that they are the best games on Steam.

Study from Florida State University:

The power of play: The effects of Portal 2 and Lumosity [brain training software] on cognitive and noncognitive skills

"Results revealed that participants who were assigned to play Portal 2 showed a statistically significant advantage over Lumosity on each of the three composite measures—problem solving, spatial skill, and persistence. Portal 2 players also showed significant increases from pretest to posttest on specific small- and large-scale spatial tests while those in the Lumosity condition did not show any pretest to posttest differences on any measure."

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360131514001869

Back