The Akyumen Holofone Phablet features a built-in projector, dual boots Android / Windows 10

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Mobile devices come in all shapes and sizes but few are as versatile as the Holofone Phablet from Akyumen.

The curious Holofone Phablet features a massive 7-inch, 1080p (1,920 x 1,080) display that’s powered by Intel’s z8300 quad-core (Cherry Trail) processor alongside 4GB of RAM and 128GB of local storage that is expandable. It includes a 13-megapixel rear-mounted camera, a 5-megapixel front-facing shooter, 4G LTE compatibility, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and so on.

Akyumen’s website claims the device carries a 2,910mAh battery although the video above from Techmagnet notes a 3,500mAh unit.

What makes the Holofone Phablet such a compelling device, however, is a pair of unique features. The first is a built-in 35 lumen projector that throws up to a 100-inch, 720p HD image. I wouldn’t expect it to replace your home theater but in a pinch or while out with friends, it may be suitable for watching videos.

Even more interesting is the fact that the Holofone Phablet comes pre-loaded with both Android 5.x Lollipop and a full version of Windows 10.

Akyuman’s website isn’t all that informative although according to CNET, the Holofone features a USB Type-C connector as well as a mini HDMI port.

Its name, Holofone Phablet, suggests it is a large smartphone but I don’t think that’s the case. Based on my research (again, Akyumen’s website isn’t very helpful), the device simply appears to be a small tablet with provisions for a data connection (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong in the comments section below. If that's the case, it's far less appealing than it initially appears.

The first batch of Holofone Phablets launches on September 1 although those have already been spoken for via pre-order. If you’re willing to wait until November 5, you can go ahead and pre-order yours today. Pricing starts at $600 for the Education package and scales up to $950 for the Advanced bundle.

Permalink to story.

That is pretty awesome... now just need the ability to use the 7" as an actual phone! Would like to have Windows on something that small when you need it.

Back