The Best LGA 1156 Socket board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have about 5 choices for motherboards here and all of them are within my budget. But all these mobos seem to have fairly the same reviews. So can you please help me decide? BTW I do plan to overclock my system.

- Gigabyte GA P55MUD3
- ASUS P7P55 D
- Intel DP55KG
- MSI P55 GD65
- Gigabyte GA P55M UD2

Thanks.

Probably the MSI would offer the best all round feature set. All would offer basically the same stock performance.
I'm personally not a great fan of MSI, but that's because of personal experience with their P35/P45/680i and 780i boards. Haven't worked with a P55 based board as yet (too expensive in this part of the world) so as with the other choices I would seek out customer reviews as a basis for comparison in addition to published spec sheets and reviews.

Do not get the Intel board for sure.

I would vote for the MSI too. I recently built an i5 system for my friend using this board. Was very happy with it.

the GA-P55A-UD6 cost about the same as the ASUS P7P55D maybe $30 more
but if the 30 more is to much the he should go with this
GA-P55-UD5

and you linking motherboards that are well over $300

the GA-P55A-UD6 cost about the same as the ASUS P7P55D maybe $30 more
but if the 30 more is to much the he should go with this
GA-P55-UD5

and you linking motherboards that are well over $300

Asus P7P55D $149.99
Gigabyte P55-UD5 $209.99 ( + $60...40% more expensive
Gigabyte P55A-UD6 $249.99 (+ $100...66.7% more expensive

BTW Dustin, I used the same Newegg link that you provided...if you think $100 is "about the same" and "maybe $30 more" after looking at the prices I suggest you report your math teacher for gross negligence.

i thought the ASUS P7P55D was the same as the P7P55D Deluxe. i thought the D at the end stand for Deluxe. my bad for not doing more research, thankz dividebyzero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back