the best of the best is what i need

Status
Not open for further replies.

gex1991

pretty much, i am in IT at MTI and we have to design the best of the best gaming computer components (as in i ned the best motherboard prossessor RAM video card all that) that are the fastest, strongest, most cache and all that good stuff, i was wondering what you all would say would be the best

thanks for your time

QUICK

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 Kentsfield 3.0GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache
ASUS p5k deluxe
Corsair Dominator 1066mhz 240pin ddr2 ram to fit the mobo
ATI Radeon 2900 HD 1gig memory 512 bit gddr4
OCZ 1200 watt PSU
2 x 500 gigabyte hard drive from Seagate
and a suitable case to house it all with a couple of noiseless fans.

that would, imho, be the best of the best in terms of performance and quality. i didn't take price into consideration since you didn't seem to care for it. many will say something similar, but i think the areas of difference will more than likely be made in regards to the video card. many will devoutly argue that the geforce 8800 is the best card out there, and then there are many reviews that say the 2900 beats the 8800 in at least 3 out of 5 graphics intensive games.

but anyway. that aside, intel is the way to go with processors, and for the value and performance, that mobo is the best of the best. the rest is pretty much opinion. that power supply could power a small house. the memory is very high performance from a very respected brand. the hard drives are cheaper overall to buy two of and perform better than Hitachi's 1 terrabyte drive. and of course, i went based off my opinion and some benchmarks for the gpu. it doesn't really get much better than that.

the dvd drive and cd burner aren't in there because of the debate over the major dvd formats. some will follow blu ray, and some will follow another format. so i'm waiting for an all in one at some point. hence why i held off on listing one.

so that covers the case and the stuff in it. i'm leaving peripherals out of it....screw that mess.

hope this helps.

yes thank you very much, i was looking at about the same stuff, but the video card issue,wouldnt the AGP X8 ones be better even though they are not compatible with the older games?

eather way get this or not, i appreciate your time alot, thats alot of help thanks

Hi gex1991,

I posted a similar question and received some very informative replies from fellow Techspotters. Perhaps there is something within that thread of value to you also.

I think this should lead you there:https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86865.html

or search: the best gaming PC...?

Regards

PFJ

Nvidia will be releasing their next "flagship" before Xmas and in conjunction with the release of Crysis. If you've got some patience then wait otherwise the 8800GTX is a great card, I have an ultra version and am very satisfied!

thanks, but yea im not literaly buying it,,,yet. but yea if it works with the striker board i got dibs on prototype, thanks. but keep in mind i still need the case the power suply the OS the prossesssor, the monitor, and the mouse and keyboard (need most of this by frinday)

with the beast that computer is going to be, the OS could be a version of vista, or you could throw XP on there. both are decent gaming platforms. if you show people that vista actually does work then maybe it'll turn some heads.

the case should probably be an NZXT or a Thermaltake case. those are both very high quality cases. you might want to go with a FULL ATX tower on this build just so there is plenty of room for the components this thing will be housing. there's one i saw from Thermaltake that has two 120mm fans, and the power supply gets a 90mm fan. it has a side window, and a very sweet design. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133152

for the processor, definitely go intel. can't stress that enough. intel intel intel.

mouse and keyboard should be wireless. wireless is cool. get a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard or something.

intel core 2 extreme qx9775 is officially the best of the best now. 1500 bucks for a 3.2 quad core that supports more than one physical cpu. also from the xeon family. good thing it still fits the 771 slot. so you don't have to change anything but the processor.

and i see someone else supports my radeon 2900, and seagate brand of hard drive selection. welcome to the thread rage! glad to see you again. and i'd have to agree. that is a very rock solid list.

link590o said:
and i'd have to agree. that is a very rock solid list.
It better be. That PC would have two quad-core Xeons, one video card with 1GB of VRAM, 32GB of RAM, a Blu-Ray burner, two 15000RPM drives in RAID0 and two 1TB drives in RAID0, and a case with three 120mm fans and one 80mm fan. That's what I'd call a real beast. :)

OMG that is a beast and all i need, but now there is another issue since i have the best pc techs on here

I have a 10 Gb hard drive, a foxconn processor, 1 GB ddr pc 3200, 120mm fan, a flopy, cd rw, the MIC E-G012-03-1421(b) video card, and the K8V-X SE mother board

the power suply was an outdated 200W and its fried, i need a new power supply that i can pick up anywere ex/300W AT

yal think you can help me pick one out to use (not a $200 gaming pc, need to just have it runing before i start upgrading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back