Aug 26, 2006
  1. Who do u think is better:
    Battlefield 2
    or
    Counter Strike????

I say Battlefield...

2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,851

I must say IMO they are two very different games. I have an play both and find the style of gameplay alot different.

Just my 2 cents.

3. aksd

aksd TS Rookie Posts: 83

My opinion: You son't compare oranges to apples. They both are good, but also very different.

4. jentus

jentus TS Rookie

Never played counter strike, played bf2 for a bit though, ended up trading it in for something else, teammate kept running me over with a tank. Oblivion is good though. :)

Jentus

5. Face of LA

Face of LA TS Rookie Posts: 186

as they sed they both different, and its hard to compare really,
    but ima Say Battlefield cuz there is a time when i was SOOO Addicted to Counter strike,

Alex~

6. maxbb1

maxbb1 TS Rookie Posts: 63

hmmm sorry but i'd have to say UT2K4 wipes the floor with them... otherwise BF1942... if this was a poll i'd answer correctly.. and probably say CS... but which one.. CS1.6, CZERO CSS?? (source of course.. but..)

BUT

BF2 is a much wider spectrumed game... its better if you wanna have a lot wider field of play... although.. CSS has osme pretty 1337 mods out there... GARY NOOO lol... i like the xombies!!

7. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,199

I think the rankings, awards and weapon unlocks do offer a bit more gaming value for BF2 vs. CS:S, but from a fun-factor and gameplay perspective, I don't think you can compare the two.

I remember the "old days" when CLQ was about for Quake2 players- a third party website that would ping servers and track player stats. Is there such an animal for Counter Strike?

While cheaters/hackers are prolific in both BF2 and CS:S, I think amongst those that like to track their skills improvement and personal accuracy/methods, these kinds of web interfaces are really nifty and enhance gameplay. As long as players look at their own stats "in a vacuum" and dont bother looking at other's who may simply be using a $19.99 bot/autoaim or cheat download, it's all good.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.