The Best PC Games You Should Be Playing - Mid 2016 Update

midian182

Staff member

Microsoft and Sony have alluded to the fact that their Project Scorpio and Project Neo consoles are designed to take the PC’s "best gaming machine" crown. Whether this will actually be the case seems unlikely, but it does show how our favorite platform continues to be regarded as the one to beat, thanks in no small part to its huge number of amazing games.

While not all the titles on this list are exclusive to the PC, it’s the place where they truly shine. If you haven’t tried some of these, know that you’re missing out. In our opinion, these are the best PC games you should be playing right now, so what are you waiting for?

Read the complete article.

IMHO, The Witcher III is a (very very flawed) masterpiece. The difficulty curve is a joke, certain gameplay elements just suck and the devs haven't fixed a lot of bugs. I found this mod a month ago and now the game is, by far, the best thing I've ever played.

TW: Warhammer only got an honorable mention? It's a PC exclusive tit'll! And all the reviews have been very positive. It should be one of the highlights of how the PC can handle such an intricate game.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown was about as far from "magnificent" as its possible to get. Pitiful writing, extremely limited gameplay, generic, repetitive levels, an AI that cheats more than an entire Russian Olympic team..I think it tied with Dishonored for Disappointment of the Year. Fallout 4 is another stinker which literally everyone I know gave up on within about two days. A hopelessly buggy, unrewarding rehash with a story nobody cared about...Bethesda can do so much better. At least it made us forget about the painful Skyrim launch.

Most of this list is more like "So you just got a new GTX 1080/1070/1060, here are the games you should get and/or go back and finish."

But World of Warcraft: Legion is out next week and I'm still playing No Man's Sky and Deus Ex is also out soon and then Mafia 3 and Civ 6 and Titanfall 2 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (I care about this now???!!!!!!!) and and and

*explodes*

IMHO, The Witcher III is a (very very flawed) masterpiece. The difficulty curve is a joke, certain gameplay elements just suck and the devs haven't fixed a lot of bugs. I found this mod a month ago and now the game is, by far, the best thing I've ever played.

Did you ever play the Witcher 2 before it was remastered for console? It was by far the hardest and most punishing game I ever put myself through. I know a lot of people will say that Dark Souls is the hardest series around, but Witcher 2 takes the cake for me.

Did you ever play the Witcher 2 before it was remastered for console? It was by far the hardest and most punishing game I ever put myself through. I know a lot of people will say that Dark Souls is the hardest series around, but Witcher 2 takes the cake for me.
Yes, I finished Witcher II three times before it was even patched to be easier than when initially released. I have around 1500 hours in all three Dark Souls games (it's my favorite franchise) and IMHO, Witcher II is nowhere near as hard as Dark Souls.

Most of this list is more like "So you just got a new GTX 1080/1070/1060, here are the games you should get and/or go back and finish."

But World of Warcraft: Legion is out next week and I'm still playing No Man's Sky and Deus Ex is also out soon and then Mafia 3 and Civ 6 and Titanfall 2 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (I care about this now???!!!!!!!) and and and

*explodes*
I hope that No Man's Sky is pirated.

really ? from a very very flawed to the best game simply by installing this mod , you either on drugs or a mods who--e
the game is absolutely amazing as it is and the support from cd projekt is outstanding with all the patches that came out including the two expansions

really ? from a very very flawed to the best game simply by installing this mod , you either on drugs or a mods who--e
the game is absolutely amazing as it is and the support from cd projekt is outstanding with all the patches that came out including the two expansions
I'm definitely on drugs.

Sorry but the Witcher control system just sucks. hated that game..
Doom was meh...generic first person shooter. Dead Space far far better.
Fallout 4 great building stuff...but the main story is weak and way too short, like its an after thought. I could complete it in literally a few hours if I had wanted too.

Sorry but the Witcher control system just sucks. hated that game..
Doom was meh...generic first person shooter. Dead Space far far better.
Fallout 4 great building stuff...but the main story is weak and way too short, like its an after thought. I could complete it in literally a few hours if I had wanted too.

Doom was very good but I got bored. I didn't mind repetition in the olden days but I do now. Dead Space 1 and 2 were great. Dead Space 3 could have been but I hate puzzles and it seemed I was always bumping into one so I said FTS. GTA 5 is the only other game on the list I played. The problem with being a casual gamer is that in games like Fallout if I take a month off I can't remember what the heck is going on so I stay away from those type of games

XCOM: Enemy Unknown was about as far from "magnificent" as its possible to get. Pitiful writing, extremely limited gameplay, generic, repetitive levels, an AI that cheats more than an entire Russian Olympic team..I think it tied with Dishonored for Disappointment of the Year. Fallout 4 is another stinker which literally everyone I know gave up on within about two days. A hopelessly buggy, unrewarding rehash with a story nobody cared about...Bethesda can do so much better. At least it made us forget about the painful Skyrim launch.
I don't even know where to start with this. Between XCOM 1 and 2, Fallout 4, Dishonored and Skyrim, I've easily consumed over 2,000 hours of gameplay (mods helped extend the fun). Throw in MGSV and that's close to 3,000. They are all great great games. Fallout 4 is probably the weakest out of the box but I ended up putting about 30 mods on it and it got a lot better.

Set yourself a few hundred hours for stardew valley... It's pretty addictive
Starbound is just as bad and from the same company. I think it's mostly the same team responsible for Terraria.

Nope. Just the same publisher. From what I understand, ConcernedApe has done 100% of the coding and assets for Stardew Valley. He's now hired on some people to attempt some sort of multiplayer, but he just took a good while to create it all on his own.

Eve Online should always be included in such lists at least as a special mention. It's the epitome of what PC gaming is and you can also play it for free now.

Back