The Best PC Games You Should Be Playing Right Now

midian182

Staff member

For as long as I can remember, there have been those who claim “PC gaming is dead,” despite the fact that the platform keeps going from strength to strength. In recent times, however, the naysayers haven’t been as vocal as they used to -- barring the Batman: Arkham Knight fiasco -- the last couple of years have been a bit of a golden age for PC gaming, producing some incredible games that will be talked about and played for years.

But which ones are the best of the best? In our opinion, these are the eight greatest PC games you should be playing right now. Just pick up any and go.

Read the complete article

The best game in the world to play is the one you wrote yourself, no matter how trivial, you will end up smarter than after playing any other game.

Personally, I indulge into StarCraft 2 too much, finishing Legacy of the Void one day after its official release :) On another hand, I don't play anything else.

I think there should be a honorable mention for Shadow of Mordor. Anyone interested in those kind of games should play it. And Arkham Knight was actually a very good game story wise, sadly gamers had their share of troubles, but when I played it, it worked good enough. So gamers might just be a bit overreacting or with an underpowered machines.

Apart from GTA and Fallout (I wanted to play Batman but it was a royal stuff up) nothing else tickled my fancy this year. I'm playing Assassins Creed Syndicate at the moment simply because I got it for free and I'm enjoying it so far but I'd never pay more than 20 bucks if I had to use my money.
I just invested in GTA 5 just before Xmas, it was on special. Paying $30 is far more sensible than paying the RRP.
I'll wait for Fallout 4 to 'fall down' more before I pick up a copy. I won't pay more than $30 bucks for any title, they're not worth it to me.
Some of the games mentioned in this article I would bother with at all even if they were free.

Metal Gear is good until you get to all the online crap Konami tries to do to keep the game alive. Attacking other people's FOBs is just a joke and its their idea of how to make more money.

You can't call Pillars of Eternity PoE, that's Path of Exile, that came some time before it :p

Somehow this article seems incomplete.

I couldn't agree more. You know, Techspot could certainly do a lot for other games that seem to have fallen off the radar. I've seen countless articles about HalfLife 3 and just how many users want it. Hard to believe any company out there would so completely ignore their fan base, not to mention just how much money they could make!

I couldn't agree more. You know, Techspot could certainly do a lot for other games that seem to have fallen off the radar. I've seen countless articles about HalfLife 3 and just how many users want it. Hard to believe any company out there would so completely ignore their fan base, not to mention just how much money they could make!

How does HL3 fan base fit into this topic?? How did it even came into talk =P

How does HL3 fan base fit into this topic?? How did it even came into talk =P
hl3 confirmed.

#1 Mad Max, no it does not have the depth of fallout or the stunning beauty of witcher. But it was fun and addictive.

Witcher 3 had some nice graphics, only played it a few hours.

Fallout 4 was great, played it for about a week.

I have just been playing Rocket League this evening with 3 mates, and it is really good fun. I enjoy it immensely. Maybe as much as Mount your friends, which is better than many things on this list. But I guess it depends on if you are into MP Party Games. Soma is about the only other on this list that tickled my fancy. I like Just Cause in idea, but you go around, on your own, in a big world, and it gets boring fast.
But then I do prefer playing MP Co-op.

GTA V However should not be on this list. Laggy. Connection issues. Poorly thought out. Hackers galore. Too much of an attempt to nickel and dime, in a very bulky, is that $50, for shark cards, thank you, way.

It looks lovely, a great beautiful sandbox, with no reason to be there, shoot someone they shoot you back, shoot them again, they attach a yacht or now a building to your face. Hunt them down ? They are invisible, with god mode, whats the point.

Change server ? Fine, but that building on your face will probably stay attached to you until you reboot the game so good luck with that. Hacks fixed ? People banned ? Check the forums, none of them care, the game is awful, they just refuse to grind in it anymore to get the cash to buy the new bits, nor do they want to pay for shark cards. But is it a question of Rockstar and their poorly thought out game and content, as lovely as it is, or is it a question of how needy the youth of today are, where they must have everything instantly because they are just that spoilt in todays world ?

Definitely buy on sale, you prob won't get much out of it.

#1: Star Craft Legacy of the Void

Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt were also good. Just Cause 3 is epic fun as well ;)
Yeah, really surprised Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void wasn't on there, as well as Dying Light or Hearthstone.

Those games, in my opinion are definitely much more worth it.

Back