The Best PC Games (You Should Be Playing)

It's a little disheartening to not see Euro Truck Simulator 2 on this list. Don't get me wrong, GTA V is still a great game and with the appropriate filters and road texture packs, it looks incredible, but games like ETS2, American Truck Simulator and Elite Dangerous are just perfect podcast games.

GTA online was great a few years ago, now its a laughable cash cow. The best new content is behind so many hours of grueling, grueling grinding, mostly in public sessions because you can only do cargo missions in public. Sure there are ways you can get empty public sessions but they take a while and are a pain in the butt themselves. Its an infuriating experience to even attempt to reach the highest end content.

The magic of overwatch has gone for me, they messed with balance too much and cant release new content frequently enough.

TBH, these are all "good" games, but if they are currently the best, thats a bit sad to me. Neir is the only really accessible-to-most-gamers thing on this list thats not part of a massive somewhat beat to death franchise.

Ha ha ha I don't play any game on the updated list (but I do have two games installed that were dropped from the list).

I mostly play cross-platform games but all of these games are cross-platform in a PC article. While BF1 is great on the PC and all, I wanted to see something like Day of Infamy for a PC article.

Anyone want to buy me Day of Infamy?

I'm surprised no mention of smaller, but good, games. Example Full Throttle remaster is almost out, Turok 2 remaster (finally decent running on pc,) etc. this list is just a bunch of AAA multi platform games. Might I suggest checking out GOG, and possibly recommending something that may be really old, but now updated for modern operating systems. Many older titles are simply better than the current crop of games being released over the past few years.

No mention of Planet Coaster either.

Bit of a disappointing list tbh. Only DS3 is what I'd play here.
BF series is just the same since BF3 but re-skinned. It's turning into a COD show.

Interested in some of these games. Liked the first Dishonored. Gonna need a better GPU though.

No mention of Planet Coaster either.

Bit of a disappointing list tbh. Only DS3 is what I'd play here.
BF series is just the same since BF3 but re-skinned. It's turning into a COD show.
The whole listt smells of "AAA games the publishers told us to like and a few smaller games thrown in at the last minute"

It ignores a lot of PC only releases, smaller indie hits, GoG games, ece. Yes, the list is subjective, but the fact that only one games on the entire list is not from a AAA developers says a LOT.

While it's not exactly popular with the "in crowd", I'm still playing Fallout 4 and enjoying it, despite the occasional bugs. I have noticed a number of "missions" or upgrades or whatever you want to call them, but no idea of their release dates ..... hopefully before I file for Social Security and become officially poor .....

Games you should be playing:

Solitaire (Klondike) - A classic that comes free with Windows (if you don't have it, GET IT!!!) that probably has more hours played than any other PC game combined.

Minesweeper - Used to come free with Windows - you can still get it free from various locations. Clearing those mines can be an exercise in mathematical genius... or just pure luck :)

Freecell - The "poor man's Solitaire", it, along with the next game on this list was bundled later on with Windows and quickly became an enduring hit.

Spider Solitaire - With the option to choose easy mode (1 suit) or hard mode, this game is a welcome variance of the classic "Klondike" solitaire that retains replayability years after its release.

Tetris - One of the oldest games ever, released in some variety on virtually every platform in existence, many people claim that this is possibly the perfect video game. The Russian folk song "Korobeiniki" still plays in many people's heads decades after this game's iconic debut.

Honourable mention: MS Hearts (online), Pinball, Reversi
Removed from list: WinRisk (only supports 32 bit, but you can get emulator sites)

I'd like to get my mitts on Battlefield but it's still too expensive and not being in the least bit interested in the multiplayer side of things, I'll wait it out until they practically give it away.

I would add Eve Online to the list and CS:GO.
Eve is not for everyone, I find it more exciting to read about what's going on than actually playing it. I do love the economy that has a life of it's own inside the game.

I still need to play the following in my steam library (damn you STEAM Xmas sales!!!)

Fallout New Vegas expansions
Skyrim Expansions
Fallout 4
Far Cry 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Witcher 3 Expansions

I just need a three week vacation from my work, husband, fatherly duties...

Back