The Best Socket 754 for Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisdurrani

Do you guys know which Socket 754 Mobo i should buy....

Tell me the Best one out there ...

I was thinking of the Asus K8N-E deluxe or the DFI Lan party 250 GB nforce 3

I TOTALLY HATE msi k8n neo .....i have already changed 3 boards it keeps getting fried... it works ok for like 4 months than i dont know what happens and its not working any more

Thanks in Advance

Both are good boards but the Asus doesnt have a PCI/AGP lock so you cant do any overclocking. I prefer nForce boards anyway. My K8N has great performance but Ive had alot od issues with it.

i have already changed 3 boards it keeps getting fried... it works ok for like 4 months than i dont know what happens and its not working any more
it's more likely that one bad part (psu for example) damaged the three boards than you got 3 faulty builds four months apart. perhaps the problem lies elsewhere, and using a different board would result in it breaking as well.

harrisdurrani said:
Do you guys know which Socket 754 Mobo i should buy....

Tell me the Best one out there ...

I was thinking of the Asus K8N-E deluxe or the DFI Lan party 250 GB nforce 3

I TOTALLY HATE msi k8n neo .....i have already changed 3 boards it keeps getting fried... it works ok for like 4 months than i dont know what happens and its not working any more

Thanks in Advance
I took a look, the MSI K8N neo platinum had below average power output regulators for AMD64 processors. Personally I rated that mobo at 3200+ as maximum for CPU usage with unfailing reliability assuming no heat problem. Above that rating it's starting to get very iffy, you should get some other mobo instead.

Unless MSI redo that mobo but unlikely as its already older generation.

actually with the 1st msi i was using a 350 W power supply but like after 4 months it just stopped respondong, since the mobo was in warranty i got it replaced by another one.. i also changed the power supply to a 550 W everything worked great and after like 2, 2 and half months it just stopped responding.... lol... since i still had an years manufacturer's warranty i got another one... This one on the other hand also had no problems and went on till 4 months before it totally stopped responding...

Ok one thing i admit the Msi k8n board performs Great no doubt about that but after 3 boards gone bad i gotta say its VERY non reliable In my opinion though...

I've done alot of research on both the Asus K8N-E deluxe and DFI lanparty 256 GB nforce 3 and found them to be the Best AMD socket 754 mobo's out there .... but am just slightly confused on which one i should buy i think i'll go with the Asus

harrisdurrani said:
actually with the 1st msi i was using a 350 W power supply but like after 4 months it just stopped respondong, since the mobo was in warranty i got it replaced by another one.. i also changed the power supply to a 550 W everything worked great and after like 2, 2 and half months it just stopped responding.... lol... since i still had an years manufacturer's warranty i got another one... This one on the other hand also had no problems and went on till 4 months before it totally stopped responding...

Ok one thing i admit the Msi k8n board performs Great no doubt about that but after 3 boards gone bad i gotta say its VERY non reliable In my opinion though...
Everything is unreliable when actually used above the proper power rating. If you wanted to lift really heavy weights, 90lbs little girls are not made for the job. That mobo is perfectly reliable as long as you didn't exceed the regulator output power for the CPU.
harrisdurrani said:
I've done alot of research on both the Asus K8N-E deluxe and DFI lanparty 256 GB nforce 3 and found them to be the Best AMD socket 754 mobo's out there .... but am just slightly confused on which one i should buy i think i'll go with the Asus
Between the 2 of them I suggest DFI if you didn't need the optical out. I expect the DFI's CPU voltage regulator to handle twice the power rating of the MSI K8N you have now, to be more precise an extra +3dB over.

I would go with the DFI simply because it has more overclocking options. If you havent gotten a CPU yet check Ebay. There are alot of good deals on 3200s and 3400s. I just got a 3400 for $130.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back