The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation aim to reinvent the toilet

By Shawn Knight
Aug 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation recently held a competition that asked some of today's brightest inventors to help solve a problem plaguing more than 2.6 billion people worldwide. The task was to reinvent the toilet without using running water,……

Read more
  2. Ya it is called Windows 8...
  3. Quick, patent the shovel!!!! We'll make billions! :D
  4. Years ago in Canada they had a self-composting toilet that didn't use water. Recently I purchased a Kohler toilet that only use 1.28 gal per flush, which is not too bad.
  5. Just buy a can of Vapoorise *nerd*
  6. This is why the cats are smarter then us. They have a sand box toilet. They get us or girlfriend to scoop out the crap and it does not use water no flushing required no electricity just a paw an a meou for the owner in appreciation that you took care of our crap.
  7. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,045   +37

Water? ..you mean like... from out of the toilet?
  8. so many ignorant comments, seriously...
  9. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Awesomesauce...
  10. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 960   +84

Oh I know! Make a portal gun that fires my turds into space headed for the sun! No water. No problem. And I can feel better knowing that my poop is powering our plants loving sun.
  11. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,045   +37

lol, and yours.

but relax, we're all joking. It's a funny subject, who reads the comments anyways?

oh wait, you did... :p

12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,806   +1,431

13. What a load of old toilet.
  14. ya that would certainly work in a slum of congested, multi-story buildings (sarcasm)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.