The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im running win2kpro service pack 4
x86 family 6 model 8
391,664 kb sdram

ive been rebooting very erratically for the past few days. last night it was like every half hour or so then at like 2am 6am an now its been ok for a while its around 1pm so its been on for 7 hrs with no reboot

I had this nSecure.exe virus an a couple of worms the other day. a friend gave me this network associates/ macfee crap but it got stuck during the install. after I forcibly rebooted everything was pretty much froze. I got this vscleanup thing on it during safe mode and then was able to finally run it by crtl/alt del then task manager/new cause nothing on my desktop or task bar would function. after that it booted normally an un installed macafee manually from the registry an folders. im thinkin this has something to do with the problem.

eventually I got avg virus scan to get rid of the few infections I had an thought I was done with the mess but... I keep rebooting

prior to these last few day it was running fine.
I checked the fans not too much dirt,
the power cables are connected- my power supply and case are about a year old. I dont know hardware seemed as it should be.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
TIA

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 3/6/2007
Time: 6:23:20 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x00000009, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000009). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini030607-03.dmp.

Attachments

• Mini030607-03.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back