The Cornerplay: Xiaomi and OnePlus Strategy Analysis, A Blueprint for Success

Jeffrey Yuwono

Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/article/861-xiaomi-oneplus-strategy-analysis/]https://www.techspot.com/article/861-xiaomi-oneplus-strategy-analysis/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Part of the scheme reminds me of the first Nexus phone and how Google managed to build up momentum for Android using this great device you could buy direct for an attractive price. Keeping the distances however Xiaomi and Oppo are not Google, so they will have to keep iterating to build more than just momentum and see if they can land a cash cow one or two product generations from now.

Great point! Wonder if Xiaomi got their strategy from the Nexus program...

Great info now I understand why mi3 was launched recently in india and yes it is always out of stock and gets sold out in few seconds and the price was same as moto g whose price has now dropped.

I find OnePlus's strategy quite interesting. I really wonder how much money they will make.

Nothing like a loss maker to keep a company successful
You forgot to mention the massive software and quality problems the phone is having. It's always easy to market vapour it's a bit different when you have to deliver it

I wouldn't be putting opossum in the same category as Google or even a few levels below

I got the OnePlus, because I can easily afford it, it was something new, my Galaxy Note1 is getting a tad slow in its age, but, about a week before I was "given" the opportunity to spend my money (that just sounds strange), I saw on the OnePlus One user forum, people were talking about another inexpensive Chinese phone. Huawei's mate2. Midrange spec, didn't give it much thought but people were talking about how good it was, so I bought it, and got it 4 days after ordering, no invite needed. Played with it for about a week before the invite showed up, went ahead and ordered the OnePlus. It came. Nice, yeah, had the yellow streak at the bottom, cured by use, UV light & direct sunlight. Nothing wrong, but I've gotten attached to the HUGE 6.1" screen...hard to put it down. Hopefully these "loss leaders" will put pressure on the industry to get the overpriced smartphones to drop in price. More competition is good for the consumer.

First off congrats, I can still remember meeting the both owners, both in coco park a year ago. few drinks and the high flying attitudes were a clear sign of the brands direction.

Back