The Dell dO0d is gone

By SNGX1275
Oct 15, 2002
  1. source:
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

This makes me feel a lot better. I am sick of hearing that guy speak. I personally will never buy a PC from anyone and will build all of my own. Therefore it is just annoying to hear DUDE YOU'RE GETTING A DELL!!!

Good to hear.
  3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

The king is dead!
    All hail the king!

Rejoice! For the end is near.

I'm starting to like Dell now...:haha:
  4. --Ne0-CyPh3r--

--Ne0-CyPh3r-- TS Rookie

Dell is major crap. I just wish I could've seen the "Dude, you're getting a Dell!" advertisement somewhere before they decided to kill the entire thing off. I don't see how that 'catchphrase' can get so...........widely known. It sounds like a rip off of "Dude, where's my car!?"

Some PC manufacturers are good, like Alienware for example. Even though they have some of the LOUDEST PC's on the market, they look cool and they seem pretty stable and 'optimized'. My most recent PC is a modified Alienware system, the Aurora DDR.

I also saw some Dell advertisements for P4 PC's as the P4 was just being released. They were selling systems of "extremely high performance for a low price,".........unfortunately.........they were usually equipped with incapable integrated graphics cards and extremely low-end graphics cards. What's the point of a P4 if not for gaming or anything related to graphics? There's no point in buying a P4 for surfing the net or sending e-mails...........
  5. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Posts: 593

Believe it or not, but people actually buy computers without doing ANY prior research. Many people walk into computer stores and directly up to someone wearing a name tag and say "i'm looking for a computer so that I can type papers and email and whatever other things computers do." Dell's computer's actually are at a minimum managable and their customer support is excellent. A client of mine had a broken DVD-Rom drive and after talking with a dell technician for 10 minutes he sent the request to have a new DVD-Rom drive sent to the house by next-day mail at no charge, as this is their standard procedure. The computer was on a 1-year warranty which means that any part on it that broke, including processors and motherboards, would be replaced free of charge for a year.

I will agree that the dell kid was annoying, but its much better than a song playing in the backround of their commercials praising dell.
  6. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Dude, step away from your 3 monitor surround gaming and turn on that freaking flat wide-screen TV. You would've seen them every single commercial break.

Dells are for those simple minded folk who don't like Macs.
  7. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Posts: 593

ehm, vehementi, notice under his name on the left of the screen it says HANNOVER, GERMANY. Could it be that they don't play dell commercials there? Yes, that sounds like an excellent explanation for why he has yet to see one.
  8. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 669

As annoying as Steven is, its all marketing. If its not a clueless buffoon, then it'll be a nagging brat or some other mindless gimmick designed to put their product name in your head. If you're really as clueless to what you want , that a commercial can sell you a product, then you deserve what you bought. While I, personally, would prefer to build my own systems, there's many times that I would refer someone to a company such as Dell to buy their PC. Because when it comes down to it, my customer support skills suck ( intentionally) , where as Dell and HP customer support is award winning.
  9. Kaorichan

Kaorichan TS Rookie Posts: 30

Well your right I severely wish mac would die... i do NOT like their set up you have to hold down the menu's to open crap...
  10. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Mac's are good ok Dell sucks there no good service its in India they dont speak English very cleary explain to be how that won an award
  11. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Grammar kind of a problem? (to above poster)

Any way, I bought a 2400 from Dell in 2002 (or 1, can't remember) and it had better support than most companies I have dealt with. They may not speak english that great, but better than most. They helped out quicker than customer service at Wal-Mart. (Well, close enough :p)

Dell really has never been a gaming computer I don't think, but they make aftermarket Graphic Cards, so whats the big deal? The one thing I hate is the PCI only thing that was goin on and still may be.

If It was a rating out of 10, it would be a 9 for me.
    There's my experience.
  12. nickslick74

nickslick74 TS Rookie Posts: 575

Another blast from the past.....
  13. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Oh so I have been grammer skills?
  14. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Topic Starter Posts: 10,689   +395

You have poor grammar skills (and spelling), don't worry though, apparently all the cool kids are doing it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.