The FREEZE with MSI TV@NYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is my first post, and I have a problem.

I recently installed an MSI TV@NYWHERE card and at first it seemed fine. Then I noticed my rig no longer recognized my generic 56K modem. I figured I bumped it loose while intalling the TV card. I took the modem out and replaced it securely. Okay, it's recognized and everything is fine! XP and 98 both booted fine, and then, each operating system froze after a certain length of time. There seemed to be no correlation between what program was running.

* By freeze I mean I saw no BSOD, instead the mouse pointer would show a small hourglass and my mouse and keyboard would just stop responding.

Removing either the TV card or the modem fixed the problem, so I tried updating drivers ect. but same result, and no hardware conflicts showed up in the device manager. Can anyone help me find a way to make these two pieces of hardware coexist.

Hmm... I think you need to try your cards in different slots.

If still having problems, try removing all cards, boot windows and remove any reference to the cards in device manager.

reboot, go into BIOS. reset ESCD data. reboot. shutdown. add a card. reboot. install drivers.

repeat this process until all cards are added.

its possible to have an IRQ conflict that ISN'T reported in device manager. moving cards to different slots can sort this.

also, try setting PNP OS Installed to NO, so that the BIOS handles plug and play and NOT the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back