The "Ignore" List doesn't Work

By captaincranky
Jun 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Dear Staff,

I placed the user, "TheBeholder" on my ignore list.

Accordingly, I expect not to have communications from him, sent to me in a "conversation".

So, why is this political rhetoric and b***s*** still showing up ion my inbox? It has absolutely nothing to do with Techspot, and nothing even remotely to do with a topical argument that staff may have suggested be continued via PM.

Julio, if I dropped this crap in your inbox, you'd ban me in a heartbeat.
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,432   +267

I'll be honest, I don't know how the ignore feature works and Xenforo's FAQ doesn't seem to have the information either. If it's anything like vB's then you shouldn't see that user's posts. Evidently it doesn't work for conversations but I believe you can leave a conversation and set not to be bothered again (leaving the other end speaking to itself). Either way I assure you we won't see much from this user in the future, so let's not pay attention and move on to more important matters.
    captaincranky likes this.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 9,990   +707

Fair enough Julio, thanks a million.

To be sure, "The Rubiyat of Al-Anal", was certainly not light reading.:mad:
  4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 9,990   +707

Well Julio,

He does seem to have a point..

And you can start a single ended conversation, I know how to do that, but it's really not my style.

Oh well, maybe "TheBeholder" will loosen up his suicide vest and go play with his thumb drive.

In any case, all this correspondence is coming straight to you.

At least Vbulletin had a way to refuse PMs.

I am curious as to what you hope to achieve by continuing the membership of this individual.

The salient thing Mr. BeHolder has brought this site, is a nasty, bitter, grudge with other forums. He hasn't contributed a single thing in any thread that wasn't self promoting.

He surely doesn't appear to have a sense of humor, and his "conversations", sound like an Al-Jeezera press release.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.