The LG V20 will pack Android 7.0 for September launch

Scorpus

Staff member

LG is preparing to launch its latest high-end phone, confirming today that the LG V20 will be released in September. More importantly, LG has stated that the V20 will come loaded with Android 7.0 'Nougat' on-board, giving us an idea of when the operating system update will be available.

Not a whole lot is known about the V20 at this stage. LG's marketing team has claimed the phone will "set the standard for premium phones" and pack an enhanced multimedia system. As a successor to the LG V10 (seen above), we can also expect a large display – the V10 was a 5.7-inch handset – as well as a flagship-class camera and processor.

With the V20 launching in September with Android 7.0, it shouldn't be too long before Google releases the operating system in its final version. The developer preview for Nougat, which has been available since March, was recently updated to its fifth and final iteration ahead of an expected August launch.

Google's Nexus devices will undoubtedly be the first to receive an update to Android 7.0, but the LG V20 could be the first handset to launch with the operating system on board. Considering the amount of time companies have had with Android 7.0, we'd expect all phones scheduled for release in the later parts of the year to include the new version as well.

Permalink to story.

If it's more like the G4 and V10 I'd actually consider it. I liked the idea behind the G5 more than the final product. I don't want to see LG make the same mistake.

If it's more like the G4 and V10 I'd actually consider it. I liked the idea behind the G5 more than the final product. I don't want to see LG make the same mistake.
The idea behind the G5 is nothing more than a money making scam. Good for the manufacturer and partners but terrible for the consumer. If you're foolish enough to waste money on the modules what do you do with them when you flip the phone, chuck them away? Modular phones will be great once they're properly implemented.
Well that's my opinion anyway, for what it's worth.

Another one of those flagship phones that come out every 6 months or so. They don't bring anything new to the table except couple of gimmicks and specs that are a tad bit better than the previous ones. Average user doesn't care.

Another one of those flagship phones that come out every 6 months or so. They don't bring anything new to the table except couple of gimmicks and specs that are a tad bit better than the previous ones. Average user doesn't care.

Wrong.
Six months.
L O L !

Back