The "Login Hover" closes when you move from the icon and your name to the pop up menu

Arris

So far it's an intermittent problem. I'm mostly using Chrome (41.0 64bit). I've tried it in IE11 and not reproduced it so far. When I do encounter the problem I've found that if I click and drag the login element it keep the pop up open. Going to do some more tests in IE, Opera and Firefox and see if I can work out what is going on. My first thought is that it's simply thinking the mouse has moved onto the blue menu bar rather than the popup div/frame.

Using the same version of Chrome but I can't reproduce the issue you mention. Would you say this started happening recently or it's been a while since you first noticed this?

I'd say over the last week or so. I'm thinking that it might be if I'm trying to activate the menu while the page is still loading. I wouldn't worry about it much unless others report it being a problem. If I discover any other details I'll update this thread.

I'm seeing the same thing as Arris but with 32-bit Chrome 41 and for about the same amount of time.

That's a new issue indeed (the top menu drop down), quite possibly due to ads loading on the "background", but we'll get it fixed pretty soon. Thanks!

I don't have any issues highlighting text, anyone else?

Last edited:
ROFL - well this time (after you guys said it worked for you) it worked for me. Prior to that I even closed Chrome and relaunched and it was still happening. Like said before, the odd behavior has been intermittent for me.

Not fixed. Its been happening at least for 2 weeks for me, but I've been visiting less frequently so haven't paid any attention to this thread until now. Happens on 2 different Windows 7 PCs running Chrome. One is on an older version of chrome that I can't update and another is version 42, will update on next relaunch I guess. Expect to have the same problem.

I think I have the same problem on whatever is the latest Safari on OS X 10.10 but I can't confirm that right now.

The clicking and then moving the mouse down 'trick' DOES work for me on chrome 42.

The login drop down opens/closes or the Alerts don't show up immediately? We have a couple of different explanations below.

Only the latter is happening across my devices, hence why I ask.

They show up immediately but if I move my mouse without first holding down my mouse button they will disappear once I leave the area where my username is. Happens to me about 50% of the time and only on TS.

What browser, version and OS? We'll do a change for the alerts exclusively to see if that fixes it but I can't replicate any problems with the drop downs themselves.

Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 m on Windows 8 64-bit Enterprise (not 8.1)

Back