The Major Crisis Of Computers Desperate help needed...please

Status
Not open for further replies.

omestermon

Okay I was sleeping and woke up at 9.00pm. My little brother turned off the com. Well it didnt fully restart and so I used system restore but I restarted the com before it ended and so only %1 was deleted but it was the nstdrl file and so now I need help how to make it work again. Its an hpa220n and this is my mom's "old" comp. I wenmt to circuit city and they said to restore it but I didnt go my mom did since I had business with a friend. So maybe I should get software from hp since I called them?

PLEASE help.

Well this is my mom's com and the mb can pre with xp.
Hehhe...errgg.

Here I used restore right,then stopped it at 1% then the computer wont work really not working.

Well, if I'm understanding correctly...
Your computer is not working
Your mother's computer is working

It sounds like you don't have an XP cdrom to perform a restore? (Most new HPs have the XP restore CD in a separate partition on the Hard Drive, and pressing f10 on a boot will start the restore process. You don't get the XP cd unless you call HP...) If you do not have an XP cd for your system, you cannot perform the restore in place... You will need to purchase a copy of XP in order to restore. You might contact Microsoft and give them your (hopefully registered) CD key and they may be able to ship a copy of the XP cd to you. Otherwise, I recommend going to Circuit City and paying the $130 for a new copy of XP to restore your system...
Good luck
Bug

thank you but the problem is i did restore and i cancled by pressing the power button and so now my computer cant even get to a windows page just nstdrl file is missing please restart by crt-del-alt and so i know how but maybe i should get the hp software?I have warranty so I can get it.

Okay....I've got to ask this question.....and I do ask dumb questions sometime so please forgive this one. Is it possible the file missing is ntldr? If so, would you happen to have a floppy in the drive or is the machine set to boot from CD only at the moment?

It is ntldr and no no floppy or boot from disk i used system restore because of pre xp and then held the power button for reset and so the file is missing.

I will explain this in full detail.

I know how to restore using f10. That is what i did. when it was restoring my files i pressed the power button so that the restore was not complete. Now my computer is not booting as in it doesnt get to that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back