The Matrix meets 8-bit gaming in this awesome mash-up

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Most of us enjoy a quality sci-fi flick from time to time and hey, what's not to like about 8-bit gaming? Put the two together as YouTuber Phillip Raupach did in the clip above and you get something that's immensely entertaining (perhaps even more so than the original movie?).

The idea came about as part of a project for his audio production class. The task was to strip the audio from a short video and replace it with different music or ambience and sound effects of his choosing. Job well done, I'd say!

Now here comes the fun part: how many of the old sounds can you identify? Let us know in the comments section below!

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Sorry but not, all those "yieaargh" and "Round 2 fight" are not 8-bit sounds, go back to the drawing board

I'm really getting too old when I need to come in here complaining that this isn't 8-bit sounds at all?

Boo freakin' Hoo, so it's not true 8-Bit, it's still pretty different and entertaining.

Back