The next Call of Duty is 'Infinite Warfare' and it's coming November 4th

Scorpus

Staff member

As was hinted over the weekend, the thirteenth installment in the Call of Duty franchise is coming at the end of this year, and Activision has officially unveiled it today as Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

Infinite Warfare is being developed by Infinity Ward, and will be released on November 4th for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. It's the first Call of Duty game that's set in "the vast expanse of our solar system" rather than on Earth, and from the launch trailer it's pretty clear this will be the most futuristic title in the series.

You can expect the usual range of Call of Duty stuff in Infinite Warfare, such as new and exciting weapons and player abilities. Infinity Ward says the game will take players "on a journey of epic scale and proportions, providing incredible gameplay innovations and new experiences for our fans".

Infinity Ward has also announced that arguably the most popular title in the series, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, is being remastered for current-generation consoles. The remaster of the 2007 game will include high resolution textures, HDR lighting, better particle effects, improved animation, and revamped audio.

People who purchase the deluxe editions of Infinite Warfare will get the remastered version of Modern Warfare included in the box. It's not clear if the remaster will be available as a standalone game, although you'd expect so.

Permalink to story.

"It's not clear if the remaster will be available as a standalone game, although you'd expect so."

I most certainly would not expect it to be a standalone release, come on, CoD is all about milking the cow dry and then eating it too. It'll be exclusive to those who pay enough for the "thirteenth installment" of the worse games of the last decade, excluding CoD 4 of course, that was the last time I enjoyed a CoD, funny how they also admit it to being the best in the series... something I do agree with.

"It's not clear if the remaster will be available as a standalone game, although you'd expect so."

I most certainly would not expect it to be a standalone release, come on, CoD is all about milking the cow dry and then eating it too. It'll be exclusive to those who pay enough for the "thirteenth installment" of the worse games of the last decade, excluding CoD 4 of course, that was the last time I enjoyed a CoD, funny how they also admit it to being the best in the series... something I do agree with.
You don't eat the cow that lays the golden egg, do you? ;)

If there are microtransactions, gestures, and rainbow camos in it I'm not interested.

I've always been a sucker for good looking futuristic tech, but still not going to be buying a COD game fresh off the shelf lol

I've always wanted a remaster of CoD2, but would definitely take 4 as well. But it seems they're adding all the petty BS stuff to it (killstreaks, XP, prestige), so I'm likely to pass for the...I lost count now. Not to mention I'm assuming modding possibilities will be off the table as usual. Wonder if they may just integrate the few popular ones like Zombies and promod instead.

Back