The Nostalgia Machine delivers the hit songs from any year you select

Shawn Knight

Staff member

website warps hit songs youth

I'm a sucker for nostalgia. There's something special about stepping back in time (metaphorically speaking, of course) whenever I hear a certain song, look at an old photo, etc. It's a reaction that was triggered when I recently came across the aptly named Nostalgia Machine.

It's a simple concept really. Select a year from the drop-down menu and you'll be presented with a lengthy list of hit songs from that year pulled directly from YouTube.

Sit back and enjoy!

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

"Any year" only going back to 1960, unfortunately. What about hits from the 40s, or the 1600s? Lots of great music from those periods.

Cool site nevertheless.

Is it sad that 2010 is the most nostalgic year for music for me? not that much of my favorite music is from that year, or that I didnt listen to music for that, but 2010 's most popular songs are so much more remember able to me than any year since xD
its worth noting I was a freshman I guess.

"Any year" only going back to 1960, unfortunately. What about hits from the 40s, or the 1600s? Lots of great music from those periods.

Cool site nevertheless.

Lack of Development maybe? People expect so much so early. Now if this has been around for many years then I am surprised why they wouldn't have music that would date back to at least the mid/late 1800s.

Lack of Development maybe? People expect so much so early. Now if this has been around for many years then I am surprised why they wouldn't have music that would date back to at least the mid/late 1800s.

Eh, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Putting together a yearly list of hits going beyond the early 1900s would require far more research than what's currently on their site. I would be truly impressed if someone put the requisite effort into such a project.

Eh, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Putting together a yearly list of hits going beyond the early 1900s would require far more research than what's currently on their site. I would be truly impressed if someone put the requisite effort into such a project.

Ah ok. Yeah exactly.

I wish it went further back than 1960. I'm only interested in music up to the 90's but this is a cool site nonetheless.

A little bit too pop orientated for my tastes. However there are some worthwhile tracks on offer.

Man, I didn't realize how bad the songs were the year I graduated HS (1998). The only song I actually clicked out of all of them was Jennifer Paige - Crush.

Back