The Nostalgia Machine delivers the hit songs from any year you select

By Shawn Knight
Jul 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. There's something special about stepping back in time (metaphorically speaking, of course) whenever I hear a certain song, look at an old photo, etc. It's a reaction that was triggered when I recently came across...

Read more
  2. Very cool

3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,391   +2,175

"Any year" only going back to 1960, unfortunately. What about hits from the 40s, or the 1600s? Lots of great music from those periods.

Cool site nevertheless.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,531   +836

Is it sad that 2010 is the most nostalgic year for music for me? not that much of my favorite music is from that year, or that I didnt listen to music for that, but 2010 's most popular songs are so much more remember able to me than any year since xD
    its worth noting I was a freshman I guess.
  5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,249   +220

Lack of Development maybe? People expect so much so early. Now if this has been around for many years then I am surprised why they wouldn't have music that would date back to at least the mid/late 1800s.
  6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,391   +2,175

Eh, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek. Putting together a yearly list of hits going beyond the early 1900s would require far more research than what's currently on their site. I would be truly impressed if someone put the requisite effort into such a project.
  7. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,249   +220

Ah ok. Yeah exactly.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,352   +1,947

I wish it went further back than 1960. I'm only interested in music up to the 90's but this is a cool site nonetheless.
  9. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

A little bit too pop orientated for my tastes. However there are some worthwhile tracks on offer.
  10. t3chn0vamp

t3chn0vamp TS Booster Posts: 128   +19

Cool find bro. Thanks a bunch :)
  11. stansfield

stansfield TS Enthusiast Posts: 76   +14

Brilliant site, hope they expand it back further.
  12. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Man, I didn't realize how bad the songs were the year I graduated HS (1998). The only song I actually clicked out of all of them was Jennifer Paige - Crush.