The Official Half-Life 2 thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Valve has released another Half-Life 2 movie showcasing some more gameplay elements in action... I dare to say this will be game of the year, probably having much of what made Far Cry a great game and then even more innovation in many aspects of the equation.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=50797

I'm not the kind of person taking sides, especially when I don't have enough information in my hands or even worse, can't talk in my own experience however from what I've seen and played, Doom 3 was a disappointment in the gameplay department offering old-school gameplay on a very innovative scenario.

Some people like to defend id for taking this route but I definitely don't... scripted gameplay is not enough anymore, we want real AI! and that's the reason why I believe Half-Life 2 will become the best game.

I'd say id succeeded at making a 'good' game and a very high-quality product to showcase its new engine where big bucks will be made as well.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the marketing of the Doom 3 engine. Doom 3 was made for a niche audience (IMO) because it is catered to the original Doom audience. All developers love Id's squeaky-clean engines.

I agree completely, if valve can make the AI in this sequel leap as much as the graphics have then we'rein for a real treat.

Doom 3 was great, it took old school gaming to new levels, but nothing else.

I must admit I am looking forward to games licensed on the D3 engine. Raven with any luck will be working on Soldier of Fortune 3 sometime soon, they always seem to like id's engines.

Right now I think HL2 is coming up for FPS of the year, unless of course Stalker lives up to its promise.........

I think Quake 4 is scheduled to come out before Soldier of Fortune 3 which just recently been announced.

I currently play Battlefield Vietnam(best war game I have played so far) Unreal Tournament 2004 and Doom3 I want to tryout Far Cry I heard it's crazy as hell.

To stay on the topic does anyone have any idea when in the hell Half Life 2 is gonna come out?????? I am dying to play this game!!!! Looks insane and I bet it's gonna be OUTSTANDING on Multiplayer

HL2 will apparently be out late september, but then they said that last year!! CS on HL2 engine will be amazing, though i'm not sure anything can take away from UT2004 as far as multipayer goes right now.

When was SoF3 announced didou, i loved the second one, found it hugely addictive. The GHOUL system using D3 technology will probably be pretty OTT though!!

Originally posted by CoLD_SToRAGE
HL2 will apparently be out late september, but then they said that last year!! CS on HL2 engine will be amazing, though i'm not sure anything can take away from UT2004 as far as multipayer goes right now.

When was SoF3 announced didou, i loved the second one, found it hugely addictive. The GHOUL system using D3 technology will probably be pretty OTT though!!

I play alot of UT2k4 and Battlefield Vietnam. Do you play weapons or IG?

I think HL2 will definitely (hoping) take the cake on the multiplayer game scene, it looks pretty badass, I just hope the netcode is good

If your a CS steam user you can try and get the Source CS beta now. Just trying to download it now ;)

Current Official Release Date.

The Official release date is the 3rd of September in the UK, but is subject to change. I would of thought America will be getting it prior to the UK but maybe it's at the same time.

Oh and check out the latest Half Life 2 screenshots......the graphics are da BOMB! They're like real life graphics. (a nemesis for the UT and D3 Engines.

Oh and I forgot to mention. For all of you XBOX Gamers it doesn't plan to be coming out till the 31st of December......wierd date huh? :dead:

Been playing Source for 5 days now and its incredible the new HL2 engine is crazy. ATI cards work best for quality and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back